HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:41 pm

polosatik wrote:
Pochi, it's not about Yuna being the one and only main event in next Worlds, it's more like people miss her and after Olys season became a total splatfest that Alissa won a GPF, could you imagine it then? Too sweet!

Yep, I get what you mean polosatik! I even missed Yuna alot this season, I'm sure that most FS fans did too. I shouldn't pry into the feelings of their wanting to see Yuna compete again. Mao and Yuna's rivalry was one of the best things happening in the history of ladies' singles, eversince Lipinsky and Qwan maybe, plus it lasted longer. As a result, although not so much in the US and Europe, FS has become a major popular sport in Japan and Korea. They were both able to become heroines because they had their rival (not villain). Even the worst of Yuna haters in my country missed her I think, and as a result they chose Kanako and Miki after 4CC to pick on like they used to do to Yuna. I hate people who are like that, but if they so need a 'villain' in the sport to go on supoorting Mao, I'd prefer them to focus on Yuna. Yuna is strong enough to handle it, but I'm not sure about Kanako and Miki did have a sort of breakdown years ago, when she was on top of the bashing list. However much anti-Yuna people there are, there will always be more who support her esp in her own country. But it won't be like that for Kanako or Miki... Yep, Sadly

Concerning Czisny...I have a weak spot for her, actually. She's around the same age as Miki, but she had the courage and did fix her jumps which to my eyes seemed to be ruining everything for her pros in the past. I was very encouraged by her efforts, and although I do not think her skating is entertaining nor artistic as Yuna or Mao's. If she can make that much progress now, imagine the possibilities of what Mao and Yuna can accomplish when they become her age! But in order to do that, I think it is important to go on competiting as much as you can, even when you're not in the best of conditions. I wouldn't want to see Yuna kind of fade away like Kwan did, and she shouldn't enter only the most important competitions like Worlds, as if she appears in the final stage of an RPG as the last boss you have to defeat. I think you need to continuously compete in order to stay at the top. Yep!

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:54 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Concerning Czisny...I have a weak spot for her, actually. She's around the same age as Miki, but she had the courage and did fix her jumps which to my eyes seemed to be ruining everything for her pros in the past. I was very encouraged by her efforts, and although I do not think her skating is entertaining nor artistic as Yuna or Mao's. If she can make that much progress now, imagine the possibilities of what Mao and Yuna can accomplish when they become her age! But in order to do that, I think it is important to go on competiting as much as you can, even when you're not in the best of conditions. I wouldn't want to see Yuna kind of fade away like Kwan did, and she shouldn't enter only the most important competitions like Worlds, as if she appears in the final stage of an RPG as the last boss you have to defeat. I think you need to continuously compete in order to stay at the top. Yep!

ROTFLMAO

Pochi, I never thought Yuna as a RPG boss, but you might be on to something there. Laugh

I agree that if she's going to continue in the coming seasons, she should enter more competitions than just Worlds. Maybe she will still do fine debuting her programs there...and maybe she won't. I guess we're about to find out how well that works for her. But if she keeps this up, I can't help but wonder if she'll end up in a similar position to Michelle—trying for another Olympics after being 'barely there' for several years, and ending up disappointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:52 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

I also had mistaken her intensions concerning the jump reforming at first...I totally believed that Mao was ready to sacrifice this season for Sochi. And when I found out she never considered that, I felt so bad. Since I misunderstood her, I was mostly hoping she'd just be able to land a jump or two by the end of this season. That's all I thought she can manage, but after Nats and 4CC, I found out I was obviously wrong, she can do much more than that now, so I'm trying to shift my attitude into a real positive one for Worlds, and stop trying to act positive about the negative results mode. Hope you know what I mean... Wink

I believed in that too and that was wrong of me. I guess I misunderstood Mao. Translations and forum debates aside, my personal goals for her got the better of me and it made me think that this season is just a season for "rebuilding jumps" for Mao. Oh how insensitive of me! Mad

polosatik wrote:

Pochi, it's not about Yuna being the one and only main event in next Worlds, it's more like people miss her and after Olys season became a total splatfest that Alissa won a GPF, could you imagine it then? Too sweet!

Ah, but I like Alissa. Flatt, however, still leaves me unimpressed.

Anyway, I feel like I'm being unfair to Yuna, but there's no reason for me to not expect her to do something incredible this Worlds. She had the whole season off and if Mao can rework on her jumps and participate in competitions in that short amount of time, I'm sure Yuna could condition both her mind and body to give a good performance for Worlds. After all, it's her FIRST and ONLY competition this season, so it is only reasonable to expect her to do quite well right? As a matter of fact, I feel like cheering for her but I'm sure there are fans more supportive than I am so I'm gonna leave the "Queen Yuna" chants to them. Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:49 pm

Does somebody who knows Japanese mind translating this video? It seems to be Mao analyzing her progress through her free program this year, and I'm DYING to understand her!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Sr3MSU-Y0&feature=player_embedded#at=265
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:09 am

I just saw this article after trying to search for Mao news and world championship stuff.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/02/23/2011022301149.html

Wow....it's like the Olympics all over again with all of her support, pressure, and expectations.

However, I like ballerinamao's instinct.

If Mao can skate a clean program (no underrotations, falls, etc.) without thinking about the GOE's right now, and let's say she does put in 3-3 and at least one 3A, she would be very difficult to beat technically and logically, but the conditions above should apply. But then again, it's hard to predict the results in figure skating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:26 am

klarification wrote:
Lieberstraume is a perfect fit for Mao although I must say, this year's tango still leaves me cold. I yearn for Mao's Por Una Cabeza days. Now that was tango! Vibrant energy! Dazzling steps! Passion and grace all rolled into one. Well, Agony Tango is more melancholic... I guess if Mao had a sort of "angrier" expression and less balletic movements, it would succeed as a program. Hopefully, Mao could still polish it before Worlds.
Mao needs the intensity she demonstrated with her bells program last year. Her balletic grace was ever so present, but she had a fire and a command during her footwork sequences that 'were so Mao' as Tara Lipinski nicely put at Worlds. If she could just take an ounce of that and apply it to this year's tango, I'm sure it would make the program so much more emotionally effective. Her new found speed and having the crowd behind her could make a world of difference. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:05 am

did you guys know that mao's free skate dreams of love (liebestraum) composed by franz liszt has it's 200 aniversary this year pretty amazing... if listzt was still alive he would be overjoyed and delieghted to see mao interpret his music so well..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:58 pm

almost no news for a month? i miss mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:28 am

swan wrote:

Same here!! Sad

I wonder how her training is going along...
I heard they have some power cuts along rinks -_
Hope its not affecting her practice!
I'd be sad if they cancel the worlds -
Mao's FP is one of the best she ever skated! -
The last two years were just stressful and heavy for her...
I'd love to see her skate her life in this FP!

If only the calamities would not have occurd -_
Mao would have been skating in just few days/hours! Bawling
I know - we had no control on what happened...
But darn unfair!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:22 pm

swan wrote:

me too!! i am hoping she is well

Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:14 pm

I just found this short video on youtube I didn't know where to put it so I hope it's fine here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OXlj42WMGw
I think it's in a train, and we can see Mao waving at the camera. So cute.Many Hearts
But what I wonder is if Yu-Na's filming, because her mother appears during a few seconds. And You can see Nobu sleeping too! Laugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yunamao-.tumblr.com/
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Yunamao wrote:
I just found this short video on youtube I didn't know where to put it so I hope it's fine here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OXlj42WMGw
I think it's in a train, and we can see Mao waving at the camera. So cute.Many Hearts
But what I wonder is if Yu-Na's filming, because her mother appears during a few seconds. And You can see Nobu sleeping too! Laugh

wow soooo cute which event was this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:45 am

Anywaaaaay, since it would probably be a pretty long wait till we hear something from Mao considering Japan's condition, here's something I did to pass the time:

Agony Tango

Agony Tango Mao with makeup! Haha, sorry if it's not too good. Just messing around~~! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:13 pm

klarification!!!!
This is awesome! Very Happy

I love it! Smile

After much thought -_
I think the bra-dress and rouge went well with Mao's Tango!
This one is nice - but just way too simple!
Okay maybe the roses on her chest could be designed in some othr way - maybe diagonally...

Caprice and por un had AWESOME costumes!
It had a 'tango-ish' feel to it!
Or maybe a new costume to add the feel of worlds!

I am so looking forward for Mao's relookd SP at worlds!
I hate it when she spoils her SP and has play 'catching up' in terms of marks during the FP! Sad

Its like judges - don't want Mao to get beyond 70 something...
I'd love to see Mao get high scores in her SP for a change!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:45 pm

I am always curious about Mao's choice of this Tango (soundtrack from Agony by Alfred Schnittke) for this season's SP.

I am interested to know more about the background. The synopsis for Agony that I found on-line is too brief and it's hard to swallow how this is connected with a tango. I would be much appreciated if you can share with me or shed me some light about this Russian piece.

p.s. After watching this video (great if you can kindly share Life with an Idiot as well), I somehow realize why Mao would put on that bra-dress. Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7WqywV4Wo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:16 pm

kitty wrote:
I am always curious about Mao's choice of this Tango (soundtrack from Agony by Alfred Schnittke) for this season's SP.

I am interested to know more about the background. The synopsis for Agony that I found on-line is too brief and it's hard to swallow how this is connected with a tango. I would be much appreciated if you can share with me or shed me some light about this Russian piece.

p.s. After watching this video (great if you can kindly share Life with an Idiot as well), I somehow realize why Mao would put on that bra-dress. Wink
This opera"Life with an idiot" was wrote based on Victor Yerofeyev story ( i don't know the title,sorry). The plot is kind of complicated, you can read about the acts here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_with_an_Idiot Also, i don't know if it's true but I heard from somewhere that the character Vova is an allusion on Vladimir Lenin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Any news if Mao has polished her SP?

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:24 pm

that's something I would like to know too alyssa, but what I find more interesting is how mao's training is going and how she will prepare for the world championships... I really miss mao and would love to hear some news about her soon... i think that now mao has more time to prepare she may change or add a few extra elements in her fs like a 3-3 this time... the question is wheter she will attempt it in the fs or sp?...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:29 pm

[quote="ballerinamao"]that's something I would like to know too alyssa, but what I find more interesting is how mao's training is going and how she will prepare for the world championships... I really miss mao and would love to hear some news about her soon... i think that now mao has more time to prepare she may change or add a few extra elements in her fs like a 3-3 this time... the question is wheter she will attempt it in the fs or sp?...[/quote]

ideally i would love her to add it in both,but i dont think she will so i think it would be better served in the sp because she hasnt landed the 3A 100% in the sp this season and the 3-3 could give her a huge advantage. I think its also betteer because Kim and Ando are both probably gonna attempt 3-3s in the sp...i think the lp layout she has now is awesome, but if she goes for the 3-3 here i will not be complaining cheers

klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:32 pm

kitty wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Agony Tango used here is more... tango-ish?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:46 pm

klarification wrote:
kitty wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Agony Tango used here is more... tango-ish?

i think that i would've rather had mao use the agony tango music rather than the version she uses in her program, since it actually sounds like a tango. i guess in her defense, she doesn't have tango-y choreography since her version isn't very tango-y at all. which is surprising because she really can tango, according to her por una cabeza masterpiece. not that her tango program is a bad program, i just think it doesn't show her truest potential.

i also think that if i didn't know that mao's program was intended to be a tango, i'd like it more. or maybe she doesn't really "feel" the music. if she decides to do a tango again, i'd like to see her try a different choreographer (pasquale carmenlengo, anyone?).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:14 pm

polosatik wrote:
kitty wrote:

This opera"Life with an idiot" was wrote based on Victor Yerofeyev story ( i don't know the title,sorry). The plot is kind of complicated, you can read about the acts here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_with_an_Idiot Also, i don't know if it's true but I heard from somewhere that the character Vova is an allusion on Vladimir Lenin.

Thanks polosatik.

I had also found the wiki descriptions on Life with an Idiot a bit too brief. The symbolic figures are not transparent to readers on wiki of course. Thank you for highlighting that this opera was based on Victor Yerofeyev story (per wiki both the opera and the story share the same name). It seems to me that this piece and The Agony (or Agoniya?) are not very much related. Russian pieces are complicated indeed.

Sorry if I had made this a bit off-topic, but IMHO Mao's interpretation of this Agony Tango is not very Tango-ish, not much Tango moves or expression as in her por una cabeza. That's why I really want to know if there is any story or allegory behind such that Mao and TAT would interpret the music in the way as shown in SP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:26 pm

About Mao's Tango:

Although I don't think the choreography is the best of Tat's works, I don't have a problem with the Tango not being the traditional "Tango-esque" dance.

Tango music exist in so many different forms, and it has changed so much over the years. There's the Tango music that we all think about (ie. ballroom dance), but Tango as a musical form is quite broad.

I have personally played many Astor Piazzolla tangos etudes that are not traditional tangos at all- many are slow, melodic, but have a distinct flair.

Wikipedia has a great article about the evolution of Tango music:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tango_music

My point is, there are some forums that criticize Mao's tango for not being a tango, which I completely disagree with! Her tango is a different form of tango, and there's nothing wrong with it. Rolling Eyes

The choreography can be changed a little of course, and we can argue that perhaps this form of tango doesn't resonate with FS audiences (sigh* many great pieces of music don't sadly, only the "popular" classics Rolling Eyes ), but I really love this piece of music, and I think that Mao can bring something different to it. It doesn't have to be a "heavy" tango, it can be a melancholy and beautiful one.

Mao will hopefully find the passion in this work and showcase its potential. Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:09 am

I agree with sapphiresky. Though the choreo could be much better IMO, I adore this piece of music as is.

sapphiresky wrote:
The choreography can be changed a little of course, and we can argue that perhaps this form of tango doesn't resonate with FS audiences (sigh* many great pieces of music don't sadly, only the "popular" classics Rolling Eyes ), but I really love this piece of music, and I think that Mao can bring something different to it. It doesn't have to be a "heavy" tango, it can be a melancholy and beautiful one.

I think part of the problem may have to do with simple expectations. Since it's a different sort of tango than what most skaters use, skating audiences expect something different. In their minds, tango is defined a certain way, and if they don't get exactly that, many of them find it lacking.

But as I said before, the choreo could be so much better to make this a truly magical program. I think it would also help if Mao could get her confidence back in the SP, as she seemed so nervous the last time we saw her skate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:19 am

Wow sapphiresky, you play Astor Piazzolla tangos! Fantastic! Astor Piazzolla's 5 Ano Nacional TT (from the album "Tango Tango" performed by Viveza) are indeed my favourite pieces.

Our dance teacher has once mentioned that in whichever form of tango (ballroom or Argentina), one important characteristic is to put a clear, sudden and quick move in the routine. Such characteristic does not appear obvious in Mao's SP, and thus I can't help thinking if Mao and TAT is indeed trying to tell a story which is not widely known to the non-Russian community.

Personally I prefer a more passionate version like this ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4F_MgJ1GgE&feature=related ), especially after I have watched Mao and other contenders live in arena at 4cc this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!   

Back to top Go down

Mao News - The 2010-2011 Season!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next