HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Satoko Miyahara

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Satoko Miyahara    Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:11 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPkvYRE_Dqk&feature=sub

Wow, she seems so young and she's so good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:48 am

Novice A is going to be an exciting event! I love you

There's a slew of novice girls going for the 2A-3T and the harder triples this year...it's too bad the possibility of seeing competition clips are close to zero, as usual. I wonder if Satoko still does the CCW Arrow CW combo spin? That's something I always read about when I see reports of her past performances and I'm dying to see it. Drama!

View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:17 am

clovera wrote:
Novice A is going to be an exciting event! I love you

There's a slew of novice girls going for the 2A-3T and the harder triples this year...it's too bad the possibility of seeing competition clips are close to zero, as usual. I wonder if Satoko still does the CCW Arrow CW combo spin? That's something I always read about when I see reports of her past performances and I'm dying to see it. Drama!

What is the CCW and the CW combo??
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:45 am

She looks very promising! I hope she continues to improve. It's always exciting to watch the skaters from their novice days and then see them achieve international success (like Kanako!).

bibi wrote:
What is the CCW and the CW combo??

Spinning in both directions, first counter-clock-wise then clock-wise. Smile

dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Wow, she has improved a lot since I saw her last time! Great tango interpretation from someone so young. Thumbs up!

Very gutsy move to go for a 3F-3T in the gala lightning!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:28 pm

yah! and she did it clean here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v90QN4moA3I
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:24 am

Satoko Miyahara is on the roster of the third JGP in Poland: http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00007505.htm

She will be up against Julia Lipnitskaja and Samantha Cesario, but overall this seems like not the most difficult competition and she has a chance to do well. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eris

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:44 pm

This girl is so good for her age! Great for her to get a JGP. Sha may lose to Lipnitskaya it TES and Cesario in PCS, but overall... Who knows. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:10 am

According t NMURA @GoldenSkate Satoko won Western Japan U-15 Competition in Otsu!

1. Satoko Miyahara 90.95
2. Hinano Isobe 83.49
3. Akari Katagiri 81.87
4. Ibuki Mori 77.55
5. Saya Suzuki 76.77
WD Riona Kato

Miyahara - 3Lz<<(fall), 3Lo, 3F, 3S<, 2A-3T, 3Lz-2T-2T<, 3T-2T
Isobe - 3Lz-2T, 3F, 3T, 2A<, 3S-2T-2Lo, 2Lz, 3S

The 3Lz<< was supposed to be the first part of a 3Lz-3T combo, which she was landing successfully in practice.

It's a shame about the downgraded 3Lz and UR 3S, but her jump arsenal is very impressive! It looks like she has a full set of triples (no edge calls if the report is accurate), two 3-3s and 2A-3T. And she can think on her legs, too - if she was planning to do 3Lz-3T her last jumping pass should be 2A-2T, but she smartly replaced 2A with 3T.

The competition consisted of LP only. Ayayukiituka added that Satoko landed 3Lz-3T with 2A-3T in second half in a different local competition.

And apparently "Por Una Cabeza" is actually her SP! Smile

babayaga wrote:
Satoko Miyahara is on the roster of the third JGP in Poland: http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00007505.htm

She will be up against Julia Lipnitskaja and Samantha Cesario, but overall this seems like not the most difficult competition and she has a chance to do well. Good luck!

Oh dear, I wanna go! Wub Why does it have to take place in Gdansk, though... Sad It's exactly on the opposite of the end of Poland that I live in. :sweatdrop) (Why not Torun, at least?) geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:43 am

Ya know, I think Jrs actually might be more exiting this season than Srs! How often does THAT happen?!

Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Some tidbits about Satoko :

-Both her parents are doctors.
-She started skating when she was 4.
-She has a younger sister who used to skate but switched to gymnastics.
-When asked who she admires, she said Mao Asada Love Hearts
-Her coach Mie Hamada says she's not particularly skilled, and it took her longer than most skaters to learn jumps. However, she has a talent for working hard. She is the most hardworking student she ever had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:54 pm

for ppl are interested, she just won the Junior National Championship
http://www.asahi.com/sports/update/1128/TKY201111280058.html
here are protocols and she listed in first in both SP and FS
very impressed since there is no <, << or e then Risa made me worry about her now.
http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2011-2012/fs_j/national_jr/data0205.pdf SP
http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2011-2012/fs_j/national_jr/data0203.pdf FS

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:47 am

I watched this link [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAuD9PJqq5g] to her SP, and she seems to have a lot of potential!

Quote :
"she's not particularly skilled, and it took her longer than most skaters to learn jumps. However, she has a talent for working hard. She is the most hardworking student she ever had."

I think she still has a lot of stuff to improve, but she seems to have worked really hard to get to her current level, and I hope she soars high as a skater someday. I love her knee bend during the landings, as well as her lutz. Loved the SP to 'Por una cabeza' Smile which reminded me of Mao [her awesome ex to the tune...] and Yuna [Tom Dickson as choreographer for her 05-06 and 06-07 SP]. Good luck to her! Cheering

dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Another Satoko trivia :

Her coach says no matter how strict she was with Satoko, she never cried during practice. She has only cried once. She had to finish her practice early because something came up at her mom's job, and she cried because she wanted to keep practicing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:40 pm

one note about her CCW and the CW combo, she did that in her ex which means you can find the clip of her performance in gala of Japan Nats gala and Japan super challenge Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:46 am

okay..it's not update...totally...more likely a fan report LOL
I went to Asian Figure Skating Trophy yesterday to watch Satoko live.
she is so tiny and cute Very Happy

I went to ladies' room after group 1 finished then when I was drying my hand ...I saw a tiny girl with beautiful make-up washing her hands next to me. then THAT'S SATOKO.
I was so excited and greeting her by asking "Satoko-chan?"...then she turned to me said "Haii"
so cute~ then i told her ganbade and asked what is her order. then she told me she is 18th on ice. (the event didn't disclose the order and all of us dying to know when she will be on ice)
I was sort afraid of that she didn't understand but looked like she understood my poor Japanese correctly. then i told her ganbade and I will root for her. then she said thank you in Japanese. then I left there.

then during the time, i took her pics when she did her warm up...just like stalker.
because I sat in the first row, when she hit the 3-3 in 6 mins warm up, that was right in front of me around 8m away only so amazing. then she did that again in the program but it was pity that she didn't' land her 3F which became 2F. overall she has great speed and did good job for the new season program.

After the SP session ended, it's around 11pm here, I decided not to stalking skater around and went home--> but ...when i headed to the door, Satoko opened the door !!!! she came inside to change her outfit back. so we asked her to take pic with us then she agreed. I think we scared her a little bit maybe there is no one talking to her after she coming to Taipei. but my friend can speak perfect Japanese who is translator, and she asked Satoko do we scare her? but she said no and with lovely shy smile on her face Love Hearts ...i think i really scared her since I am almost 30cm taller than her LOL

she really made our day and we will see her on Saturday for her FS and hope her can win this with great performance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:08 am

Thanks for your fan report, shikure! Satoko-chan seems like a really nice girl. I hope she'll have a great season ahead.

Ah! When will I be able to see a figure skating competition live? The closest I got to seeing someone skate live is Disney on Ice. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:22 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6jA1VaJrMs4 SP of yesterday
http://www.tsl.com.tw/web/channelIndex?channelId=1 live stream for competition
Junior Ladies' FS will be Saturday, 3:30pm Taipei Time. and her FS will be Romeo and Juliet

btw, satoko looks prettier than she is on TV Smile she has big Bambi eyes and long eyelashes then the heart shape face.
she is wearing braces now and she will become more lovely in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:57 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zLBMKxVG-hI
Satoko's FS yesterday.

I only took pic in opening with my phone because I wanted to watch that closely during performance.
She landed her 3Lz+3T in the end of the practice but she didn't land in her FS.
her opening 3+3 became 2Lz, if she can land that, her scores will over 110 for sure.
since with those deduction for her not perfect 2Lz and the other fell on 3Lo, she still can get 98.92.
as far as i know, the reason she participated this no-ISU credit but ISU - recognized (authorized) competition is for testing her new programs. I saw ISU ppl there so the scores is based on ISU standard not local competition standard.
You can see the difference between Japanese skaters with other skaters is they spend time to connect all the elements. Korean skaters are good at technique part, not Satoko level but as least similar level with Yuka Nagai and Mayako Matsuno (the other Japanese skaters). they have great facial expression, very dramatic --> the judges like to see but they don't spend too much effort on the connection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IvoQncZJuM8 Yuka, she got almost 90 and you can see how ambitious the program is and the emotion she created between elements.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EaedaMqanM&feature=plcp Mayako, she was not in good shape here since she was with better historical scores than Yuka

I prepared gifts for three of them and I think I am the only one did that LOL
After competition, I saw three of them and other novice skaters were taking pics, the other local forum member said she wanted to take pic with them--> I said why not go, then I just went there then asked them can they take pic with us. Then, I got pic with the Japanese ladies' team cheers

Because I had other plan, then I didn't stay there, but when I went out, I saw them random playing there and waiting there. Yuka and Mayako were just like real girls age 12-13, just having fun there. Then Satoko was very calm. I overheard that she spoke English with Novice foreign skaters. If you get chance to see her live and see her, please feel free to talk to her in English. I am very sure that she will understand and there is information on wiki that she is good at English.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:51 am

Thanks for the report, Shikure! It must have been a great experience... Smile
It's sad she didn't land her 3Lz-3T here but I'm sure she'll have more chances in the coming competitions. I love how deep her knee bend is in her jump landings!! Swoon Did she win the competition?

shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:13 am

Abdiel wrote:
Thanks for the report, Shikure! It must have been a great experience... Smile
It's sad she didn't land her 3Lz-3T here but I'm sure she'll have more chances in the coming competitions. I love how deep her knee bend is in her jump landings!! Swoon Did she win the competition?

yes, she won that Smile

I was very lucky there to see her 3Lz+3T for three times (one in SP 6 mins warm up, one in SP, the other in FS warm up)
They didn't disclose protocol but I took pic of the TES &PCS on the board outside...can't find SP ones

ETA: the second place Korean skater skated her program clean but still can't beat not-perfect Satoko. then ppl in the arena can't understand because they didn't know who Satoko is and the reason she fell is because she did all the triples when others did double. on a side note, all Japanese girls landed 2A+3T in second half...very impressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:49 am

Thanks for the report! You're very lucky. Very Happy

Maybe it's just me, but Satoko looked like she grew a little bit. I also watched her interview after the FS, and she seemed more comfortable and not quite as shy as before. Anyway, congrats to her for winning and I hope she has a great season! Cheering
On another note, Mayako Matsuno is skating to Howl's moving castle! Yay! I'm sooo happy someone is skating to Joe Hisaishi! Woot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:03 am

dangerous_angel_face wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but Satoko looked like she grew a little bit. I also watched her interview after the FS, and she seemed more comfortable and not quite as shy as before. Anyway, congrats to her for winning and I hope she has a great season! Cheering
On another note, Mayako Matsuno is skating to Howl's moving castle! Yay! I'm sooo happy someone is skating to Joe Hisaishi! Woot!
OMG, Joe Hisaishi is my favorite composer and i need to watch her program as soon as I get back home.
It's always interesting to follow a skater's development from a novice to a senior skater. I don't know what a skater's life is like, but it must be great to travel all over the world and meet new people and fans from all corners. She still has a lot to improve, but I like her spins and ambitiousness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:53 am

pearlyriver wrote:
dangerous_angel_face wrote:

OMG, Joe Hisaishi is my favorite composer and i need to watch her program as soon as I get back home.
It's always interesting to follow a skater's development from a novice to a senior skater. I don't know what a skater's life is like, but it must be great to travel all over the world and meet new people and fans from all corners. She still has a lot to improve, but I like her spins and ambitiousness.

I love Joe Hisaishi's compositions, and I was really glad Taka skated to Nausicaa last season! Lovely to hear someone else is skating to a Hisaishi piece! And I'm currently daydreaming of Mao skating to one of them, maybe Chihiro's waltz? Cloud 9

Also, Satoko qualified for the Junior Grand Prix final! [Elena Radionova too!] Good luck!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satoko Miyahara    

Back to top Go down

Satoko Miyahara
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Other Skaters-
Jump to: