HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NHK Trophy 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

Location : Somewhere drinking hot chocolate on a cold winter day =]

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:14 am

snowdrops24 wrote:
This I believe is Mao's Tango costume... Dance

http://image.aflo.com/0/2/aflo_mjxa100888.jpg

I know, I know it's teeeny but at least we get to have a glimpse of it!! cheers cheers

Hit or miss?

Hmm, I'll have to see her skate in it before I judge, but I am liking it so far. It's showcasing a much more mature and feminine Mao. Not sure how much I like the skin showing in the middle, but I think the cut of the skirt is cute, especially the little slit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:18 am

You know what, it's not really the slit down the middle that's kind of a (?) mark for me, but the color of the nude fabric is really bright compared to Mao's actual skin tone. But it doesn't really matter- I'm glad Sato seems to be calming Mao. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:21 am

clovera wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
ddmm wrote:
Honestly, I am really worried too. Mao off the podium= please no! and I am very egoist...because I don't think I can even accept Kanako or Kiira win over Mao. The Japanese TV has been lately praising Kanako more than Mao as if she's the new star and Mao, the one we should forget. Very Mad
I know! I feel the same way! Mao will always be the star, will always be in the spotlight!
Don't mind the Japanese media - they are *always* like this. When Miki rose to prominence in 2004 they hyped her up like crazy, then shot her down during Torino and Worlds 08. Same thing happened with Mao beginning with GPF 09. Their next target is Kanako, and personally it's quite frustrating to see the whole cycle repeat again. Twisted Evil

And I think you're overreacting - in virtually all of the practice fluffs and news clips leading up to this event, Mao is still given #1 air time (as always) with Dai a distant second. Razz I for one would love to see Kanako and Yuzuru be legitimate podium threats too...the last time a female skater made a big splash during the GP series in their first year as a senior skater was CaroZ, and she quickly lost momentum soon after. No

ETA: That dress is definitely different. Shocked

I felt so reassured when you said that "Mao is still given #1 air time (as always)". That means she still has the recognition she deserves. I'm just a huge fan of Mao. To me there's something about her that is different from all the other skaters. It's nothing to do with figure skating overall. It's herself, her character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:27 am

clovera wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
ddmm wrote:
Honestly, I am really worried too. Mao off the podium= please no! and I am very egoist...because I don't think I can even accept Kanako or Kiira win over Mao. The Japanese TV has been lately praising Kanako more than Mao as if she's the new star and Mao, the one we should forget. Very Mad
I know! I feel the same way! Mao will always be the star, will always be in the spotlight!
Don't mind the Japanese media - they are *always* like this. When Miki rose to prominence in 2004 they hyped her up like crazy, then shot her down during Torino and Worlds 08. Same thing happened with Mao beginning with GPF 09. Their next target is Kanako, and personally it's quite frustrating to see the whole cycle repeat again. Twisted Evil

And I think you're overreacting - in virtually all of the practice fluffs and news clips leading up to this event, Mao is still given #1 air time (as always) with Dai a distant second. Razz I for one would love to see Kanako and Yuzuru be legitimate podium threats too...the last time a female skater made a big splash during the GP series in their first year as a senior skater was CaroZ, and she quickly lost momentum soon after. No

ETA: That dress is definitely different. Shocked

Yep, Sadly Yep, Sadly Yes, that seems to be the trend the the media likes to repeat again and again. As irritating as the Japanese media can be, I feel that Mao remains a sentimental favourite for them. I get the impression that most of the journalists and reporters like Mao quite a lot personally, especially her honesty and steadfast spirit. They get frustrated, disappointed and critical of her at times but I've always felt that there is a sense of 'tolerance' in their reports that is quite unique. It's like, "yeah, she screwed that up pretty bad but I hope that she's gonna rally back next time." I feel that some of the TV stations are supporting Mao in a way that they know how, but probably not the best way.

About Mao's dress: My first impression when I saw the dress, I have a feeling that something split open and I need to close it up. ROTFLMAO I love you Mao all the very same, but the dress just does not work for me. Snow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:30 am

Does everyone know when the short program will start, Japan time? I'm sorry. I'm here on the other side of the world, and I would like to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:30 am

I'm excited, but that dress....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:32 am

maowataiyo wrote:
You know what, it's not really the slit down the middle that's kind of a (?) mark for me, but the color of the nude fabric is really bright compared to Mao's actual skin tone. But it doesn't really matter- I'm glad Sato seems to be calming Mao. Smile

Yes, that fabric really jumps out at you...in a way it probably shouldn't, lol... I do like the sleeves and skirt, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:32 am

Well, Mao certainly has an unique fashion taste! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:39 am

illani wrote:
Yes, that fabric really jumps out at you...in a way it probably shouldn't, lol... I do like the sleeves and skirt, though.

Yeah, I really like the sleeves. I think this is the same designer she's been using since 2008. The cuffed bra is the signature style for the designer...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:02 am

its lovely! and it looks comfortable too. i was a bit worried about her FS costume at JO because she was fixing the straps that go around her arms before the skate. i hope the tiny straps really feel secure. but this one looks great! i had plenty of fantasy costumes for mao's tango but never thought of something that looks like this. i wonder how it looks like at the back!! all mao needs is the right war paint. i hope she goes for really dramatic tango eyes...smoky suits mao well... Razz i's make her put on false eyelashes too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:10 am

Does anybody know what time the ladies short program will start in the US (Pacific time)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:13 am

iceskatingfan wrote:
Does anybody know what time the ladies short program will start in the US (Pacific time)?

You read my mind! No one has answered my question yet. Hahaha! I'm glad you're asking, too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:17 am

Oh sorry. I didn't see your guys' Q. It's gonna start at 5:05 Japan time. It's about 4:15 now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:17 am

Did you guys find any luck in finding a live feed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:18 am

maowataiyo wrote:
Oh sorry. I didn't see your guys' Q. It's gonna start at 5:05 Japan time. It's about 4:15 now.

Thanks!! flower

Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:19 am

I don't know if it is a good news or not. But I woke up with a temperature, so I will stay at home and watch ladies short!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:21 am

Right now, in Nagoya is 16:20 and the ladies will start at 19:00. In Us pacific time, is: 00:20, so the ladies will start at 03:00.( I hope I'm not wrong!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:22 am

maowataiyo wrote:

OH MY GOSH!!!!! It's currently night here, so when I wake up, the short program will be finished, and I'm betting that videos will be posted up, including several news and analysis, etc. Wow.....so much to watch and read! Hahaha!

What time will Mao be on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:26 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Right now, in Nagoya is 16:20 and the ladies will start at 19:00. In Us pacific time, is: 00:20, so the ladies will start at 03:00.( I hope I'm not wrong!)
Yep. I think maowataiyo got the ladies confused with pairs - we still have about two hours and half left until the ladies.

Ice Dance just ended. What do you know, folks - the IN stream is in widescreen and is actually better than Russian WebTV this year! I'm impressed. Laugh

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:28 am

Any links to live streams?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:29 am

clovera wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
Yep. I think maowataiyo got the ladies confused with pairs - we still have about two hours and half left until the ladies.

Ice Dance just ended. What do you know, folks - the IN stream is in widescreen and is actually better than Russian WebTV this year! I'm impressed. Laugh

AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! I might as well sleep. I'm relying on this forum for updates. Oh Mao......I pray for you to skate a clean program at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:30 am

iceskatingfan wrote:
Thanks!! flower

No problem. Wink This is live twitter from Japanese fans. For those interested-

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/index.html

Oh no, polosatik! I hope you feel better! Daisies for you

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
OH MY GOSH!!!!! It's currently night here, so when I wake up, the short program will be finished, and I'm betting that videos will be posted up, including several news and analysis, etc. Wow.....so much to watch and read! Hahaha!

It's probably lasts two hours so around 6:45ish? Mao is skating at the end so, maybe? Idk, to be quite honest...

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2010/SEG003.HTM

ETA: On no, you're right clovera! Sorry everybody. Well I guess that gives more reason to rest up polosatik. I'm gonna get bags under my eyes along with Ken Himura. Suspect If I go to sleep, I usually stay asleep Sleep so I can't risk missing Mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:35 am

maowataiyo wrote:
iceskatingfan wrote:
Thanks!! flower

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

It's probably lasts two hours so around 6:45ish? Mao is skating at the end so, maybe? Idk, to be quite honest...

ETA: On no, you're right clovera! Sorry everybody. Well I guess that gives more reason to rest up polosatik. I'm gonna get bags under my eyes along with Ken Himura. Suspect If I go to sleep, I usually stay asleep Sleep so I can't risk missing Mao.

I'll wake up bright and early just to know what happened. Either way I'll be late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:37 am

maowataiyo wrote:
iceskatingfan wrote:
Thanks!! flower

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Thank you sweety! It is the morning in Russia,so I'll sleep for a while, sorry pairs, but my temperature is really high! Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:41 am

Rest well. I hope all is well when you wake up. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   

Back to top Go down