HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 NHK Trophy 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 37
Location : Alaska

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:47 pm

maofan93 wrote:
What makes me angry is that Universal Sports has a video discussing the NHK trophy and what happened to Mao, but they don't even MENTION the fact that she is doing a complete overhaul of her jumping technique. Instead they give some bogus excuse for why she performed badly like "this season is such a letdown after the Olympics" and other phrases similar to this. Can these people at least do the research? It's been made pretty clear in almost EVERY article since Worlds that Mao was planning on fixing her technique and bringing back old jumps...you would think these people would do their job and know about this!!

Rant over Smile

Sigh. Trust the Americans to miss something like this. Rolling Eyes I had hoped they might be more understanding like the other commentators we've heard from, but I guess that was wishful thinking. May I ask who was doing the talking in this case? (I have my suspicions...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel


Posts : 107
Join date : 2010-04-06
Location : Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:14 pm

purplemaze wrote:
tianrushui wrote:

Wub oh my, delightfully, alluring~ lovely Mao!
Thumbs up! good job tianrushui! THANKS!

@bibi: no problem, my pleasure! Wink

what a flirt!!! not bad for someone who's never had a boyfriend!!! Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1773
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 27
Location : Tokyo Francisco

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 pm

illani wrote:
Sigh. Trust the Americans to miss something like this. Rolling Eyes I had hoped they might be more understanding like the other commentators we've heard from, but I guess that was wishful thinking. May I ask who was doing the talking in this case? (I have my suspicions...)
Andrea Joyce and Peter C. Sweatdrop
Andrea is one thing (she's as clueless as Tom Hammond), but I was kinda hoping Carruthers would be a little more *aware* of what's going on right now in the sport. Their commentary on the men was not the best either. Yes, Andrea, Yuzuru reminded you of Johnny because Johnny just so happens to be one of Yuzuru's skating idols (something he mentions all the time - the others being Plushy and Shizuka) and even designed his LP costume. I'll let the costume trivia slide, though, but still... Rolling Eyes

NBC's commentating team for NHK consists of Terry Gannon, Michael Weiss, and Tara, so I'm hoping they'll do a much better job. Yep!

Thanks for all the pic links, everyone! I love you

_________________
"She's like...a souffle on the ice." -Dick Button
☆ Mao-chan Supporter ★ ~真央ちゃん頑張れぇ~ ☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 637
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:26 pm

tilitom wrote:
purplemaze wrote:
tianrushui wrote:

Wub oh my, delightfully, alluring~ lovely Mao!
Thumbs up! good job tianrushui! THANKS!

@bibi: no problem, my pleasure! Wink

what a flirt!!! not bad for someone who's never had a boyfriend!!! Hell, no!
My theory is that she was looking at Taka-chan in the audience and I'm sticking to it even though it's unlikely Laugh

Ugh, I agree with you, maofan93. It's unfortunate..I think if your job is to be an expert, you should know everything that's going on, especially basic information like this and especially about the top skaters. Sigh. I'm looking forward to seeing how the NBC commentary is, though..that sounds like a much better lineup. I'm actually pleased Tara joined, because I was pleasantly surprised by her commentary at Worlds. I'm with everyone else in waiting for the CBC commentary to be posted on youtube (the link in this thread doesn't work for me).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1022
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:30 pm

bellarina wrote:
tilitom wrote:
purplemaze wrote:
tianrushui wrote:

Wub oh my, delightfully, alluring~ lovely Mao!
Thumbs up! good job tianrushui! THANKS!

@bibi: no problem, my pleasure! Wink

what a flirt!!! not bad for someone who's never had a boyfriend!!! Hell, no!
My theory is that she was looking at Taka-chan in the audience and I'm sticking to it even though it's unlikely Laugh

Ugh, I agree with you, maofan93. It's unfortunate..I think if your job is to be an expert, you should know everything that's going on, especially basic information like this and especially about the top skaters. Sigh. I'm looking forward to seeing how the NBC commentary is, though..that sounds like a much better lineup. I'm actually pleased Tara joined, because I was pleasantly surprised by her commentary at Worlds. I'm with everyone else in waiting for the CBC commentary to be posted on youtube (the link in this thread doesn't work for me).

I know! It's painful to hear someone comment on Mao while she's skating! I try to ignore it as much as possible, but anyway, yes I'm glad Tara Lipinski joined, too. I was so please hearing her comment on Mao's bells. She said Mao was basically on fire last year at Worlds, and she knew that it was her time to snatch the title. Hahaha! Tara seems like an optimistic type of person, so it would be nice to hear her more than....you know, others......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:41 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Oh my Gosh....She's gorgeous! Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 am

OMG She is a beauty!

I love her new dress and make up for liebestraum, and I also love her hair arrangement and make up for ballade, just perfect! Wub

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel


Posts : 107
Join date : 2010-04-06
Location : Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:40 am

dlnnyc wrote:
tigercub wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:
bellarina wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
I am interested to hear what Tracy said about Mao's program! But I have to say, Tracy's commentary is much better than say Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezic. She has commented on Mao throughout her career and has said many nice things about her skating, although she tend to be repetitive with her "bouncy knees" comment. Her main complaints really had to do with Mao's choreography of the last 2 years. Kurt also felt the same but his comments are often softer since he has shown his love for Mao more openly. Very Happy
I do agree that she did show a bias for Yuna's programs/skating because she played a role in it. However, her comments are still far less annoying than Bezic. The funny thing is Bezic is one of the best choreographers (her works for Lu Chen are superb) but she does not use her knowledge to any good effect in her commentaries.
It's funny you mentioned Sandra Bezic because I was about to mention that I'm not that surprised that Tracy was positive, but I'd be SHOCKED if it were coming from Sandra. She and Scott (ONTD_Skating people, I can only think of him as Scoot Hamilillitons now hahaha) are so obvious about their biases - for both the ladies and the men.. it's horrendous.

I'm glad that Tracy and Kurt were optimistic. That's great to hear. Smile


in defense of scott, he has said some very nice things to say about mao. he called her "truly special" during the 09 world's sp (clair de lune). he was ecstatic about her three 3As at the vancouver olympics and was screaming about it when she hit the last one in combination.... during the kiss and cry he said he was very, very proud of her to do what she did.

i really like scott's commentary because you learn so much and he puts things into perspective what is involved in the SPORT of fig. skating... all for the layman to understand... the every day people who only watch the olympics.

i do think they are fans of hers... they would love for her to do well and be victorious.

I'm not a fan of Scoot b/c he never provides any insightful commentary. He "commentary" is gushing over the current favorite with a few remarks thrown in about the costume for padding. I guess that appeals to the average viewer, but it doesn't help anyone understand figure skating.


i guess its a matter of opinion but i like scott. he really is on every skaters side.

hey guys, is this tracy wilson you're talking about? i'm happy to hear she's giving mao some love this time. somebody called her a canadian cow in another forum because she was supposedly overly critical of mao's "lack of choreography" in her bells FP Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:48 am

tianrushui wrote:

OMG Werq it Mao! I am making an icon Escape
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 am

tianrushui wrote:

When I saw her smile like this during warm-up, I thought maybe she's going to care for facial expressions this season more than before. Yukari started smiling during her spirals after she went to Sato, so maybe he advised Mao to smile more. I'm not sure if she smiled like this in the actual performance, but I think she was planning to do so. It's good. She should smile and show herself off more. If she does, nobody can beat the charms of Mao! Smile

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:19 am

I realize I should really be sleeping now, but due to being up to writing my essay and procrastinating a bit, I felt I should share a blog post that brightened my day.

http://auntjoycesicecreamstand.blogspot.com/2010/10/homecoming-disaster-mao-asada-returns.html

In light of this, a fan or two has remarked that Murakami is "the new Mao". Although Murakami has great potential, this is not a reasonable assertion. It implies that Mao is gone or even going. Such an assumption is extraordinary. Mao's incredible abilities have not evaporated. Her flexibility, her speed, and her ability to execute beautiful choreography all were evident in Nagoya. After the event, Mao offered us reassurance that she will be able to complete her jumps: ‘‘Nothing has changed emotionally. I haven’t fallen to pieces and I am moving forward in training. Once I have enough practice under my belt I will be able to perform that in competitions.’’(Asada Vows to Rebound). If this tells us what Mao is really thinking, then we can expect dramatic improvement down the road.

For those of you who know Aunt Joyce. This post is done by his friend, Margaret Thatcher (a.k.a Ironlady), who's a big Mao fan like us. I agree with everything she said here about Mao. Yep!



Last edited by aoi88 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:59 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : silly mistakes)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1773
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 27
Location : Tokyo Francisco

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:56 am

tilitom wrote:
hey guys, is this tracy wilson you're talking about? i'm happy to hear she's giving mao some love this time. somebody called her a canadian cow in another forum because she was supposedly overly critical of mao's "lack of choreography" in her bells FP Sweatdrop

Having Lori back as one of the choreographers and Sato-san as coach certainly helps, since Tracy never did seem quite fond of Tat as Mao's coach, especially last season. My main problem with Tracy is that she has an incessant need to automatically praise programs choreographed by Lori or David Wilson to the high heavens (which is perfectly fine, since they are both Canadian and it is CBC after all) but is hopelessly picky when it comes to Russian choreographers - particularly Tat, as others have noted. She was indeed complimentary to both Por Una Cabeza and Caprice, but she was also a broken record of complaints for both versions of Masquerade - until Worlds 2010 when she finally admitted she was guilty for not liking it - and Bells. She probably forgot Fantasia was Tat's work by now. Rolling Eyes

I do appreciate how Tracy was quite supportive this time around though.
Too bad she's still sour at Tat and called the new Tango SP Tat's "leftover"
She really should watch the Ballade EX soon, it's quite excellent for a Tatiana Tarasova leftover... Wink

If anything, I really miss Barb and Paul on CBC's skating coverage.

ETA: Made the post a tad less snarky. Razz

_________________
"She's like...a souffle on the ice." -Dick Button
☆ Mao-chan Supporter ★ ~真央ちゃん頑張れぇ~ ☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 342
Join date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:03 am

clovera wrote:
tilitom wrote:
hey guys, is this tracy wilson you're talking about? i'm happy to hear she's giving mao some love this time. somebody called her a canadian cow in another forum because she was supposedly overly critical of mao's "lack of choreography" in her bells FP Sweatdrop

Having Lori back as one of the choreographers and Sato-san as coach certainly helps, since Tracy never did seem quite fond of Tat as Mao's coach, especially last season. My main problem with Tracy is that she has an incessant need to automatically praise programs choreographed by Lori or David Wilson to the high heavens (which is perfectly fine, since they are both Canadian and it is CBC after all) but is hopelessly picky when it comes to Russian choreographers - particularly Tat, as others have noted. She was indeed complimentary to both Por Una Cabeza and Caprice, but she was also a broken record of complaints for both versions of Masquerade - until Worlds 2010 when she finally admitted she was guilty for not liking it - and Bells. She probably forgot Fantasia was Tat's work by now. Rolling Eyes

I do appreciate how Tracy was quite supportive this time around though.
Too bad she's still sour at Tat and called the new Tango SP Tat's "leftover"
She really should watch the Ballade EX soon, it's quite excellent for a Tatiana Tarasova leftover... Wink

If anything, I really miss Barb and Paul on CBC's skating coverage.

ETA: Made the post a tad less snarky. Razz

not defending tracy but i do feel parts of TANGO are rehashed from POR UNA CABEZA... right before mao heads into the step sequence and some other sig. tat moves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : Place of Happiness :D

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:22 pm

tilitom wrote:

hey guys, is this tracy wilson you're talking about? i'm happy to hear she's giving mao some love this time. somebody called her a canadian cow in another forum because she was supposedly overly critical of mao's "lack of choreography" in her bells FP Sweatdrop

lol! That cracked me up!!! Although Tracy was being nice about Mao being able to come back and kept on stating that she was working on her jumps (also said that she really respects Mao), I felt that she was also really annoying in other aspects- she really discredited Tat for being able to choreograph a nice program just b/c she didn't like the last 2 seasons...
I don't find the SP choreography heavy at all- she seems to imply that it's never good if Mao doesn't go into the soft, lyrical route with Lori Nichol Very Mad
And the SP is definitely not a "leftover"- I love that Tat puts her signature poses into every single program, just like other artists do- it's a "signature"

And the other thing was...Tracy kept on interrupting and not letting Kurt speak...grr...lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 31
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Hey guys. If anyone cares, here's my opinion on the rest of the competition from where I left off (ladies and pairs SP) on page 22 or something. As usual, I'm probably the last one, but I couldn't get on here any sooner. Sorry!:

So firstly, Mao: Well I was hoping Mao would do better than last time, but not surprised that she didn't. Regardless of that, I actually liked the program better than at Japan Open for some reason. I don't know why I wasn't crazy about it at Japan Open either, but I do like it a lot more now scratch. Mao looked like she was going to start crying at one point during the program. I felt so bad! I don't know what it is about the beginning of the season with Mao, but I do know one thing: Beginning of the season or not; new coach and reworking jumps or not - Mao could do a lot better than that. I think her mental issues and nerves are still coming into play. Still, I'm not too worried about the more important competitions later on in the season. As far as her new dress goes, I like the first one, but I LOVE this one. This is one of my top favorite Mao dresses ever! Oh, and I was really thankful to the CBC commentators for explaining to the audience what Mao was going through, and being very understanding, and even sympathetic.

As far as the rest of the girls, I think Carolina, and Kanako did great. No one else (that they showed anyway) did too bad either. I was surprised to see that Pang and Tong did Lieberstraum in their LP! I liked their program. It was sweet Mushy Love. I like both of their programs a lot this season. I also really liked the Russian pair's LP and the American pair that did Ave Maria. The guys were great in this competition! I LOVED Daisuke's SP. I loved how it was choreographed to accent the beats, and the crescendos in the music. I find it strange that not a lot of programs play to those elements in the music as much as this program did. When I make up programs in my head, I always imagine them like that. Also, he does such a great job performing, and really entertaining the crowd. I also thought Jeremy did a good job here too.

I think there is something to be said for the music and choreography this season (so far anyway). IMO, majority of the skaters are using great music this season. Most seasons when I'm watching skating I'm like, "God, I hate this music" or "this program is one of the most boring ones this season" when I watch a good amount of the programs. This season though, I'm liking almost all the music! Also, I think there's some really good choreography going on too. I'm seeing programs that are more entertaining. We'll have to see what everyone else has in store for us this season, but so far I'm really liking everyone's new programs overall. I hope everyone else's programs are good too, and don't spoil the good trend!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Star85 wrote:
Most seasons when I'm watching skating I'm like, "God, I hate this music" or "this program is one of the most boring ones this season" when I watch a good amount of the programs. This season though, I'm liking almost all the music! Also, I think there's some really good choreography going on too. I'm seeing programs that are more entertaining. We'll have to see what everyone else has in store for us this season, but so far I'm really liking everyone's new programs overall. I hope everyone else's programs are good too, and don't spoil the good trend!
That's because Olympic season is over and all Carmens are gone Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 685
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Very pretty hq photo of Mao's free skate Laughing . You can see the whole dress really well here:
http://www.timewarp.jp/images/upload/2010/10/baflo_MJXA101054.jpg

I am surprised to hear that some commentators think, that the Tango SP is a bad choice for Mao. I like this program very much and don't find it heavy at all ! What is more, I am glad that that Mao has two programs this season that are very much different from each other. It makes it more refreshing and exciting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1022
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:32 pm

kaarolcia wrote:
Very pretty hq photo of Mao's free skate Laughing . You can see the whole dress really well here:
http://www.timewarp.jp/images/upload/2010/10/baflo_MJXA101054.jpg

I am surprised to hear that some commentators think, that the Tango SP is a bad choice for Mao. I like this program very much and don't find it heavy at all ! What is more, I am glad that that Mao has two programs this season that are very much different from each other. It makes it more refreshing and exciting!


I actually like the tango for Mao! I think the reason why the commentators don't like it is because Mao seems down and nervous while performing it during the NHK. However, when she performed it during the wedding, her movements, facial expressions, etc. definitely showed. I know Mao can really bring the tango to the top. She was just nervous, but I can see so much potential already!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 663
Join date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:32 pm

In order for Mao to improve, she must be able to take in criticism and use that to build her skating.
I think Sato will be a good coach to discipline her into doing things this way.
Anyway I think she will dominate in TEB, I just have this feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:38 pm

☆Genie wrote:
In order for Mao to improve, she must be able to take in criticism and use that to build her skating.
I think Sato will be a good coach to discipline her into doing things this way.
Anyway I think she will dominate in TEB, I just have this feeling.

We should always trust Genie's intuition. She got it right for Worlds. Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:47 pm

aoi88 wrote:
☆Genie wrote:
In order for Mao to improve, she must be able to take in criticism and use that to build her skating.
I think Sato will be a good coach to discipline her into doing things this way.
Anyway I think she will dominate in TEB, I just have this feeling.

We should always trust Genie's intuition. She got it right for Worlds. Yep!
Agree. Genie is Genie! She knows everything! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:52 pm

kaarolcia wrote:
Very pretty hq photo of Mao's free skate Laughing . You can see the whole dress really well here:
http://www.timewarp.jp/images/upload/2010/10/baflo_MJXA101054.jpg

I am surprised to hear that some commentators think, that the Tango SP is a bad choice for Mao. I like this program very much and don't find it heavy at all ! What is more, I am glad that that Mao has two programs this season that are very much different from each other. It makes it more refreshing and exciting!
Photo is outstanding! Thank you kaarolcia! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1022
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:17 pm

aoi88 wrote:
☆Genie wrote:
In order for Mao to improve, she must be able to take in criticism and use that to build her skating.
I think Sato will be a good coach to discipline her into doing things this way.
Anyway I think she will dominate in TEB, I just have this feeling.

We should always trust Genie's intuition. She got it right for Worlds. Yep!


Hahaha! That's great because now I feel a lot of hope for Mao, even though it's only one month for her to improve!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 31
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:59 pm

kaarolcia wrote:
Very pretty hq photo of Mao's free skate Laughing . You can see the whole dress really well here:
http://www.timewarp.jp/images/upload/2010/10/baflo_MJXA101054.jpg

I am surprised to hear that some commentators think, that the Tango SP is a bad choice for Mao. I like this program very much and don't find it heavy at all ! What is more, I am glad that that Mao has two programs this season that are very much different from each other. It makes it more refreshing and exciting!

Oooo I LOVE this pic!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 37
Location : Alaska

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:50 pm

clovera wrote:
illani wrote:
Sigh. Trust the Americans to miss something like this. Rolling Eyes I had hoped they might be more understanding like the other commentators we've heard from, but I guess that was wishful thinking. May I ask who was doing the talking in this case? (I have my suspicions...)
Andrea Joyce and Peter C. Sweatdrop
Andrea is one thing (she's as clueless as Tom Hammond), but I was kinda hoping Carruthers would be a little more *aware* of what's going on right now in the sport. Their commentary on the men was not the best either. Yes, Andrea, Yuzuru reminded you of Johnny because Johnny just so happens to be one of Yuzuru's skating idols (something he mentions all the time - the others being Plushy and Shizuka) and even designed his LP costume. I'll let the costume trivia slide, though, but still... Rolling Eyes

NBC's commentating team for NHK consists of Terry Gannon, Michael Weiss, and Tara, so I'm hoping they'll do a much better job. Yep!

Thanks for answering my question clovera. That wasn't who I was thinking of... Sweatdrop

Hmm. I usually like listening to Peter, but I have to admit he hasn't always seemed to be the most insightful commentator. I think he's better when he sticks to talking about pairs. In general I prefer Paul Wylie.

I'm afraid I find both Andrea and Tom to be very annoying and quite clueless when it comes to skating. I definitely prefer Terry, who at least seemed to know what he was talking about a little more. Maybe his one fault is that he talks a little too much--I remember he would always start yakking about the skater's history, injuries, etc. during the 'quiet' part of the music, when I would prefer he kept his mouth shut. Razz It's okay to talk about these things, but maybe just during warm-up or something would be better.

That's one of the best things about YT, IMO. We can watch programs without any annoying commentators talking over the music...and yet we can also hear what commentators from other countries thought. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   

Back to top Go down
 
NHK Trophy 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Nebelhorn Trophy 2010
» WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN
» Grnad Prix NHK Trophy Japan 21 - 24.10.2010
» New kites for Blast, for 2010
» IPSWICH SPEDEWEEKEND

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: