HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 NHK Trophy 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 479
Join date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:53 pm

I saw Ladies SP live.
Mao looked worried and her costume looked bit restrained in color and design, but she still looked very beautiful.
I expected she wouldn't do well and was ready for the disaster, so I thought her performance was not so bad. It's pitty she popped 3F in the performance but she landed two 3Fs beautifully in 6minutes practise Yep!
But when the score was called, everyone including me was so surprised and started arguing with each other about what the deduction was. Mad

Love her costume for LP! Mao looked mature and beautiful in it! Mushy Love
Though I couldn't see LP live because I couldn't get ticket for the second day...

This is Yutaka's room with English subtitle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyRIkA3N02w
After watching this, I'm not worried for Mao at all. She is calm and determined.
I believe in you, Mao! Cheering

Congrats for all the medalist! I'm happy for Carolina I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sumin



Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-10-05
Location : Suwon, South Korea

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:49 am

I still think that Mao should have stayed with Tat until Olympic Games in 2014, as it will be held in Russia. They have achieved wonderful results working together, and that was not the limit of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 am

sumin wrote:
I still think that Mao should have stayed with Tat until Olympic Games in 2014, as it will be held in Russia. They have achieved wonderful results working together, and that was not the limit of it.

I don't think that would have helped mao at all. tat never had time to couch mao, and most off the time mao was practicing by herself, and tat wasn't even at most competition...

I think right now mao is in good care, she has a couch who most important has time to couch mao, the only thing mao needs right now is time....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 am

sumin wrote:
I still think that Mao should have stayed with Tat until Olympic Games in 2014, as it will be held in Russia. They have achieved wonderful results working together, and that was not the limit of it.
If TAT continue working with Mao on some of her programs, it will help Mao in Sochi Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sumin



Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-10-05
Location : Suwon, South Korea

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:23 am

ballerinamao wrote:


I don't think that would have helped mao at all. tat never had time to couch mao, and most off the time mao was practicing by herself, and tat wasn't even at most competition...

I think right now mao is in good care, she has a couch who most important has time to couch mao, the only thing mao needs right now is time....

Tat couldn't be with Mao all the time because of her mother's illness. If Mao were with Tat couch NOW, she would practice together and Tat would support her on every competition, I think.


Last edited by sumin on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sumin



Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-10-05
Location : Suwon, South Korea

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:33 am

Mao's results on NHK Trophy really upset me. During the last two years she wasn't good either, but I was sure Mao could overcome it, because she was in the right powerful hands. She proved that at the Olympic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artistry



Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:05 pm

A lot of people criticized TAT for being a coach that just "polishes" already technically great skaters. I thought that was a bunch of rubbish, but the fact remains - many said she isn't about technique. That meant that Shanetta, a relative unknown, was asked to work on technique. And it seemed to work. As we saw, at the end of the season - Mao was in good form jump-wise but also psychologically. (To walk out on the ice at the Olympics LP and deliver like that - that took total concentration and belief in oneself). My question now is... exactly how good is Sato's reputation at fixing technique on jumps? (Whatever "fixing" means at this time). Isn't he known primarily for edges, skating skills, etc.? Why are people not asking the same questions about him as they did with TAT - about his actual ability to do a Mishin-type system of jumping... Has he succeeded in the past with others? Which skaters developed great technique with him? I'm just curious. I wish Mao the best, and think she'll rebound. Whether on not she should have somehow tried to withdraw/ not compete this season if she's changing everything is another topic...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1022
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Artistry wrote:
A lot of people criticized TAT for being a coach that just "polishes" already technically great skaters. I thought that was a bunch of rubbish, but the fact remains - many said she isn't about technique. That meant that Shanetta, a relative unknown, was asked to work on technique. And it seemed to work. As we saw, at the end of the season - Mao was in good form jump-wise but also psychologically. (To walk out on the ice at the Olympics LP and deliver like that - that took total concentration and belief in oneself). My question now is... exactly how good is Sato's reputation at fixing technique on jumps? (Whatever "fixing" means at this time). Isn't he known primarily for edges, skating skills, etc.? Why are people not asking the same questions about him as they did with TAT - about his actual ability to do a Mishin-type system of jumping... Has he succeeded in the past with others? Which skaters developed great technique with him? I'm just curious. I wish Mao the best, and think she'll rebound. Whether on not she should have somehow tried to withdraw/ not compete this season if she's changing everything is another topic...


Sato has been doing great with other skaters, so I'm sure he'll do great with Mao. Mao wouldn't make that type of decision if she didn't trust Sato. She just needs time basically. She has everything under her belt except time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 31
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:29 pm

I don't know a whole lot about either coach honestly. I don't know where they specialize or anything like that, or which one would be best for Mao to improve her jumps. I do know that Mao continuing with Tat was not a realistic possibility though. Tat had too much going on in her personal life to continue coaching Mao. She couldn't continue coaching her full time even if she wanted too. That was why she was Mao's "head advisor" for a while. She couldn't be her coach any more, but she still wanted to make some time for her, as best as she could. Even if Tat as less busy, Mao would still have to be traveling back and forth to Russia a lot, and she has complained about the language barrier also. It's better that she found a coach close to home, and school, and who speaks Japanese.

Thanks for the YT link mingming. Some good info. And it had an English translation! Yay! It's nice to see how supportive everyone was of Mao's plan. Mao also seemed very calm, and not too upset about how she did at the competition. She just seems totally focused on her plan. Almost as if she's totally excepted, and at peace with how it's going to take not only time, but some sacrifice too. Totally determined!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Artistry



Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:25 am

Well... Maybe Sato can consult with the younger Sato and her husband, if we see good results with Alissa's reworked jumps -

http://www.freep.com/article/20101029/SPORTS17/10290408/Alissa-Czisny-twirls-in-new-direction-at-Detroit-Skating-Club
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1104
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 33
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Does anyone have a link to download Mao's programs? Cause youtube vids are not in good quality. No

_________________
Visit my youtube channel: Princess Mao Fan

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2010   Today at 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down
 
NHK Trophy 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
 Similar topics
-
» Nebelhorn Trophy 2010
» WORLD TEAM TROPHY-TOKYO, JAPAN
» Grnad Prix NHK Trophy Japan 21 - 24.10.2010
» New kites for Blast, for 2010
» IPSWICH SPEDEWEEKEND

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: