HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Does Mao read us?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Does Mao read us?   Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:41 am

I know it's a bit stupid question, but I wonder if Mao sometimes reads what her fans write about her on this forum Wink I can't imagine situation, that somewhere there is international forum about me (just theoretical situation geek ) and I don't read it Laugh She speaks english, doesn't she? I know she doesn't speak english during interviews, but I suppose she talks with TAT in English.

So I have an idea:

What would you like to tell Mao if you knew she read us? sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Does Mao read us?   Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:19 am

I don't think mao reads what we write on this frorum, and when mao and tat worked together they talked russian with each other most of the time, I know mao can speak english but I doubt she has time to suffe on the internet!! but maybe mai would sometimes look in the forum to see what we write about her sister who knows!!!

but if she would ever read it I would tell mao that I hope that she is progressing with her jumps, and that we support every decision mao has made, no matter how much she may struggle, because in the end it will help her alot in the future.... this may be a selfish wish from a fan but I hope too see mao in her best condition, so that she can beat the crap out off everyone like she always does.... I can't wait too see mao in the next competiton.)

Last edited by ballerinamao on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Does Mao read us?   Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:46 am

I agree with you, maybe Mai suffe on the internet to know what fans are thinking about Mao and sometimes she read our forum Wub

So Mai if you read this forum, please, tell Mao that her fans love her and believe in her, we know she can do it!!!!!

Happy dance Cheering Confetti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Does Mao read us?   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:17 am

One year ago Mao said that after disappointing Grand Prix season she felt very supported by her fans. I think she felt this support from people thanks to internet, which other way could she mean? personally?

I also think Mao is very busy because of practices, but we have 21st century- I don't believe she doesn't use an internet at all Wink She may not visit forums, but she surely sometimes use an internet Very Happy

Anyway, if Mao, Mai or anyone from Asada's families/friends reads it, then you have to know that WE BELIEVE IN HER!!!!! And we hope shortly she will skate her best!!! Cheering Cheering Cheering

GO MAO!!! Kick some asses at World Champs!!! Happy dance (ok,ok- just a joke Escape )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Does Mao read us?   Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:06 pm

I doubt she reads the forum. She does speak some English, but she has said she is not very comfortable with it. I would be willing to bet that she can't read and write in english even as good as she can speak it. Maybe her browser has a translator though? Anyway, I still doubt that she does. There is probably a Japanese forum for her. I would be more willing to bet that she would read that one.

If Mao ever dropped by the forum, best chances are it would have been recently - after we sent her that birthday video with our website address on it. It would be so cool if would drop by someday and leave us a message! I thought our video was so good, I was almost expecting a personal reply from her. Maybe we still will get one, but I'm not quite as hopeful any more...

If Mao, or any of her friends or family ever do come here, I hope they read the "what I love about Mao" thread.

PostSubject: Re: Does Mao read us?   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:56 am

ballerinamao wrote:
I don't think mao reads what we write on this frorum, and when mao and tat worked together they talked russian with each other most of the time, I know mao can speak english but I doubt she has time to suffe on the internet!! but maybe mai would sometimes look in the forum to see what we write about her sister who knows!!!

wow! so Mao speaks russian? that's a very interesting fact to know! Confetti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Does Mao read us?   Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:10 am

Mao could talk with TAT in Russian, but how did she talk with Lori Nichol?

She lived in America so I don't think she doesn't speak english at all. Few years ago she wasn't using translator during interviews with american journalists. She seemed to understand eveything, but obviously she doesn't feel comfortable when she has to speak english in front of camera.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Does Mao read us?   Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:31 pm

europeanfan wrote:
Mao could talk with TAT in Russian, but how did she talk with Lori Nichol?

She lived in America so I don't think she doesn't speak english at all. Few years ago she wasn't using translator during interviews with american journalists. She seemed to understand eveything, but obviously she doesn't feel comfortable when she has to speak english in front of camera.

It seems that Mao used English when she communicated with Shanetta. I think she has no problem to communicate in English when it comes to skating. But, at other occasions including interview and press conference, she doesn't look comfortable. She looks very shy and her voice is so low, which I find adorable though Razz

I agree Mao may be too busy with her practice. If she gets messages from her fans through the internet, I think it's mainly from her official website. It has a message board (guest book) and all the messages are checked in advance so that Mao and Mai will not be exposed to ill-intentioned messages. There is a list of rules for posting message. I checked it and it doesn't say that messages must be in Japanese. So, I think it should be OK to post in English Very Happy

A little digression...

Talking about interview, when Japanese skaters answer questions, everybody puts "そうですね" (well or let me see) every time they open their mouth to giver an answer to a question. Mao, Mai, Miki, Akiko, Dai, Taka, Nobu, Yukari, Shizuka etc. and even commentators Junko Yaginuma and Takeshi Honda puts "そうですね" almost every time when they reply to announcers' questions.

I've been wondering why and I thought this "そうですね" is a protocol JSF has created and drilled into athletes to make sure they pause and think and avoid a risk of making a slip of the tongue. Laugh But, the other day I realized that Yuzuru Hanyu doesn't use it. So, it may be coincidence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Does Mao read us?   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:04 pm

I'm not sure if she does read this forum, but I mentioned it in my package I sent to her last year. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
span924921

PostSubject: Re: Does Mao read us?   Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 pm

I agree Mao may be too busy with her practice. If she gets messages from her fans through the internet, I think it's mainly from her official website. It has a message board (guest book) and all the messages are checked in advance so that Mao and Mai will not be exposed to ill-intentioned messages. There is a list of rules for posting message. I checked it and it doesn't say that messages must be in Japanese. So, I think it should be OK to post in English Laughing party dresses for girls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Mao read us?   Today at 5:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Does Mao read us?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1