HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Thophy Eric Bompard 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:23 am

Thanks Linglang for the translations again! Worship

Btw, what does Sato mean when he says he "laid out a plan to improve her jumps to a level she can compete even though she keeps pre-correction forms"? Does this mean they are not correcting her actual technique as Nakagubo was planning to do? But simply improving her current technique? Or is this his temporary emergency plan for the sake of competition? confused
I remember this was one of the thing inskate feared regarding his approach. I think she has a point. If Mao decided to fix her technique, they might as well get down to the root of the problem now rather than later.


Dani-Chan wrote:

I am torn, I know she could've done an easier one but I don't know if I wanted that. I admire Mao for never stepping back.
Maybe now it's not the time either,bc she has to win or to at least medal in Nationals, so she needs a strong layout Faint2

When I say easier layout, I mean easier than her usual ones, not a layout like Kostner's. Technically, Mao's layout this season is even harder than her layout from last season. Last season had two triple axels but they were both done at the beginning of the program. She also didn't have to do her problem jumps. This season Mao has to do all the triples and attempt a triple axel at the midway point of her LP, which is something she has never done before. Her SP is also harder than last years. On top of that, Mao is fixing her jumps. It seems quite illogical that Mao is attempting a more challenging layout when her condition is not as good as before. It's like a pianist relearning some drill skills but at the same time, he/she is going to play a even more difficult piece. That's just not humanly possible even for someone as talented as Mao. I think one 3A either in SP or LP is enough for Mao this season. None of the layouts of the other ladies are that difficult if you haven't noticed. As long as Mao skates fairly clean, she will edge most of the them out with help from her PCS. The only real challenger would be Miki, but Mao doesn't need to win to make the team. Besides, the most important thing this season should be that Mao is able to land all her triples in competition not how many 3As she will do. Sigh, I still feel Arutunian was the best strategist Mao had so far in her career. He was the only one who seem to hold Mao back from doing more than she can handle at a given point in the season. Instead of overloading the content from the start, he gradually increased the difficulty of the program as season went on. Mao really need someone like that on her team now, because the verdict is still out on Sato. I am having some doubts though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 527
Join date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:16 am

GAhhhh... I was almost at the end of my post when one wrong click sent them all down the drain... *sob*

No matter. Will start over. Razz

Thank you, linglang for taking the time to do the translations. cheers The sight of Mao stopping in the middle of her practice runthrough really makes my heart ache.

From my experience of watching Mao's official practices at competitions, I have never seen her stop/ stand still in the middle of a runthrough because of a couple of mistakes. She has always been very serious and focused in practices. She nearly always do full runthroughs, including all the jumps, spins, spirals, footwork and choreography. Even if she skips the jumps (something she does sometimes in other competitions), every jump entrance and landing is marked, each move, transition and element is executed as if she were at the actual competition. And even if she has a couple of hiccups along the way, she presses on no matter what and catches up with the music and choreography.

The accumulated pressure and self-doubt of failing to deliver what she trained for at practices, must be suffocating at that moment. Reading that the reporters were there to cheer her on left me with mxied feelings. On one hand, I was relieved and thankful that someone was there to cheer her on at that difficult moment, and that the Japanese media, at the end of the day, just wants to see her do well. On the other hand, they were really not in the position to tell Mao to do ANYTHING. Because they are not the ones who need to stand on the ice and have their every move on and off the ice scrutinized. *sigh*

But this is just the ranting of an overly-protective fan. Regarding Hirono's article, I share PochinkoPotanko 's view. Pochi, your posts are always so eloquent!

Onto happier things. Thank you, ddmm for translating what Matsuko said. flower Love the fact that commentators are speaking up for Mao on TV. Though I did sense some awkwardness and tension when he went on to defend Mao and stating a case for her. They probably expected a less aggressive response from him. Sweatdrop

Thank you for the YT links, kaarolcia! cheers Mao seems to be in good spirits! And am drooling at the sight of Taka-chan's Moncler coat... Many Hearts

Thanks, dangerous_angel_face and josling for the reports from TEB. Great to hear you confirm that what we saw on video clips were true live, especially the quality of Mao's skating. There has been mixed reports about Mao's practices but reading Hirono Aoshima and your reports clarifies the facts. Love the tidbits about Taka and Mao, josling ! Wub I enjoyed reading them very much as well!

About Mao's jumping technique, my personal view is that Sato is going for a compromise between the old and new. Mao has indeed tweaked her jumping technique: the bent free leg, the speed of going into her jumps and her upper torso is not bent as low as before... She's also jumping in a curve for the 3A now. But this isn't the COMPLETE rehaul of jumping techniques that she was working on with Nakagubo. The degree of change is different.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 30
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:29 am

josling wrote:

And after seeing them together today I'm totally on the 'Taka-Mao-ship' ! Very Happy
Mao came to watch Taka's SP in practice and I saw a sweet smile on her face when he started his SP and some girls were freaking out! Smile And then at the end of his Step Sequence he was near the boards where Mao and Sato were standing and Mao and Taka were grinning at each other and that was sooo sweet, aww! Love Hearts Too sweet! It was like Taka would playing the story of the SP by flirting with Mao...
BTW, Taka's practice was quite good too (I didn't watch at him so closely because I observed Mao Very Happy )
I'm so excited and nervous to be here! It's just superb! Smile Hell, no!
Haha, welcome to the club josling! Thanks for sharing this story. And thanks for your whole report Daisies for you It's awesome that you had fun and enjoyed TEB live! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:44 am

kaarolcia wrote:
josling wrote:

And after seeing them together today I'm totally on the 'Taka-Mao-ship' ! Very Happy
Mao came to watch Taka's SP in practice and I saw a sweet smile on her face when he started his SP and some girls were freaking out! Smile And then at the end of his Step Sequence he was near the boards where Mao and Sato were standing and Mao and Taka were grinning at each other and that was sooo sweet, aww! Love Hearts Too sweet! It was like Taka would playing the story of the SP by flirting with Mao...
BTW, Taka's practice was quite good too (I didn't watch at him so closely because I observed Mao Very Happy )
I'm so excited and nervous to be here! It's just superb! Smile Hell, no!
Haha, welcome to the club josling! Thanks for sharing this story. And thanks for your whole report Daisies for you It's awesome that you had fun and enjoyed TEB live! Very Happy

it seems we are shipping it so hard it will come true lololol Wub Love Hearts Mushy Love Many Hearts Many Hearts Cheering Cheering

ETA: thanks linglang for your explanation, I feel much more relieved sunny sunny
Sometimes I feel like I am too protective as well lol! cheers
Mao will be ok with Taka and Sato looking after her flower flower

aoi88 I get your point, and although I am not a great fan of Arutunian, I admit he did a good job with Mao. I think it's reasonable to be worried, but let's wait and see what is going to happen, I am liking the changes so far. I think now they are keeping less changes but specially the important ones.


Last edited by Dani-Chan on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:48 am

kaarolcia wrote:

sapphiresky wrote:

Some tidbits from the Chinese forums: Razz
- Taka and Mao went to eat dinner together after the competition and went shopping along the Parisian streets (how romantic Wub)-
OMG!! Many Hearts That is so romantic! Ha! All Takamao supporters, I told you Paris is our chance to speed up things! Wub Laugh

Thumbs up! Hell, no! Oh, I can definitely imagine how they walked along the Champs-Elysées where is a big big christmas market right now. I was there Friday night and thought about what Mao is doing right now... Sitting alone in her hotel room and crying?! I had the idea that Taka should go with her there and enjoy that beautiful city and forget about the SP! Mushy Love


And one thing I forgot in my last post:
Does anyone of you know why Miki was at TEB ?! I saw her and it was quite funny because I watched behind me and saw Miki sitting there three ranks away from me, totally excited I turned my head to my right and there Alban Préaubert was standing, then I took a glance to Miki again and who was sitting there on her left ?! Shizuka Arakawa! Yep! Strange situation with all big figure skaters around you... Hell, no!
Miki came to see Men's SP and FS and Ladies's FS. But she looked very sad and kind of bored (maybe because of her injury?) Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:05 pm

josling wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:

sapphiresky wrote:

Some tidbits from the Chinese forums: Razz
- Taka and Mao went to eat dinner together after the competition and went shopping along the Parisian streets (how romantic Wub)-
OMG!! Many Hearts That is so romantic! Ha! All Takamao supporters, I told you Paris is our chance to speed up things! Wub Laugh

Thumbs up! Hell, no! Oh, I can definitely imagine how they walked along the Champs-Elysées where is a big big christmas market right now. I was there Friday night and thought about what Mao is doing right now... Sitting alone in her hotel room and crying?! I had the idea that Taka should go with her there and enjoy that beautiful city and forget about the SP! Mushy Love


And one thing I forgot in my last post:
Does anyone of you know why Miki was at TEB ?! I saw her and it was quite funny because I watched behind me and saw Miki sitting there three ranks away from me, totally excited I turned my head to my right and there Alban Préaubert was standing, then I took a glance to Miki again and who was sitting there on her left ?! Shizuka Arakawa! Yep! Strange situation with all big figure skaters around you... Hell, no!
Miki came to see Men's SP and FS and Ladies's FS. But she looked very sad and kind of bored (maybe because of her injury?) Neutral

josling awwwwwww omg a lot of people are rooting for them and that quote of him saying that now training with Mao (Ms. Asada) he can keep the motivation is soooo cute Panic! Panic! Unconscious

About Miki, well ....she was at TEB with Morozov as you know they are together Who, me? Escape
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Wow, thank you all for the translations and the live reports! Thanks especially to josling for your in-depth report and all the Taka/Mao moments of course Very Happy If anyone finds video for any of the Taka/Mao stuff (so cute!!!), please post it!!

snowdrops24, what you're saying about how they seem to be going for a mix of the old and new makes sense. I wonder, though, if that's the final outcome they want, or whether they want to gradually inch towards the complete overhaul? From what I've heard about Sato and things he's said, this is probably the final aim (the mixture of the old and new techniques), right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:17 pm

josling wrote:



And one thing I forgot in my last post:
Does anyone of you know why Miki was at TEB ?! I saw her and it was quite funny because I watched behind me and saw Miki sitting there three ranks away from me, totally excited I turned my head to my right and there Alban Préaubert was standing, then I took a glance to Miki again and who was sitting there on her left ?! Shizuka Arakawa! Yep! Strange situation with all big figure skaters around you... Hell, no!
Miki came to see Men's SP and FS and Ladies's FS. But she looked very sad and kind of bored (maybe because of her injury?) Neutral
Miki came with Morozov, they ate together in the restaurant and so. Please don't ask me what it means, it's quite obvious. Razz the rumors are true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:21 pm

polosatik wrote:
josling wrote:



And one thing I forgot in my last post:
Does anyone of you know why Miki was at TEB ?! I saw her and it was quite funny because I watched behind me and saw Miki sitting there three ranks away from me, totally excited I turned my head to my right and there Alban Préaubert was standing, then I took a glance to Miki again and who was sitting there on her left ?! Shizuka Arakawa! Yep! Strange situation with all big figure skaters around you... Hell, no!
Miki came to see Men's SP and FS and Ladies's FS. But she looked very sad and kind of bored (maybe because of her injury?) Neutral
Miki came with Morozov, they ate together in the restaurant and so. Please don't ask me what it means, it's quite obvious. Razz the rumors are true.

at this point, it's not a rumor anymore lol! lol! lol!


Last edited by Dani-Chan on Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 30
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:21 pm

bellarina wrote:
Wow, thank you all for the translations and the live reports! Thanks especially to josling for your in-depth report and all the Taka/Mao moments of course Very Happy If anyone finds video for any of the Taka/Mao stuff (so cute!!!), please post it!!
Not a video, but a photo from TEB gala practice Too sweet!
http://safina18.tumblr.com/post/1714446508/team-sato-teb-ex-practice-aww-3

Look what I am doing. I am looking for stuff about Mao and read the forum instead of writing my paper on islamic banking Hell, no! Embarassed

Regarding Mao's current situation, jumping problems, Sato's tactics etc. I decided to trust Mao and her team. I hope thay know what they are doing and that the results of their work will be visible soon Smile
I've noticed that Mao trusts Sato and feels comfortable around him. And I think that we should trust them too. All in all, thay want the best for Mao and her career the most!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
josling wrote:



And one thing I forgot in my last post:
Does anyone of you know why Miki was at TEB ?! I saw her and it was quite funny because I watched behind me and saw Miki sitting there three ranks away from me, totally excited I turned my head to my right and there Alban Préaubert was standing, then I took a glance to Miki again and who was sitting there on her left ?! Shizuka Arakawa! Yep! Strange situation with all big figure skaters around you... Hell, no!
Miki came to see Men's SP and FS and Ladies's FS. But she looked very sad and kind of bored (maybe because of her injury?) Neutral
Miki came with Morozov, they ate together in the restaurant and so. Please don't ask me what it means, it's quite obvious. Razz the rumors are true.

at this point, it's not a rumor anymore lol! lol! lol!
haha yeah))). For Miki fans, a few pics of her from TEB.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1290/98aa526f08d3.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8049/c145108e3fcf.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:37 pm

polosatik wrote:
josling wrote:
And one thing I forgot in my last post:
Does anyone of you know why Miki was at TEB ?! I saw her and it was quite funny because I watched behind me and saw Miki sitting there three ranks away from me, totally excited I turned my head to my right and there Alban Préaubert was standing, then I took a glance to Miki again and who was sitting there on her left ?! Shizuka Arakawa! Yep! Strange situation with all big figure skaters around you... Hell, no!
Miki came to see Men's SP and FS and Ladies's FS. But she looked very sad and kind of bored (maybe because of her injury?) Neutral
Miki came with Morozov, they ate together in the restaurant and so. Please don't ask me what it means, it's quite obvious. Razz the rumors are true.

Well, they are in Paris. C'est la ville de l'amour. Love Hearts Oh, I must add how delighted I am to hear of the nice anecdotes about Mao and Taka. Wub

Hmm... about the mixture of old and new technique, I wonder if it could also confuse Mao. But you're right Dani-chan, it's a wait and see game. It's just that Nationals is right around the corner and Mao essentially has one more chance. We as fans will accept whatever result she will have but I am just worried about Mao's mental state. I don't agree with the blogger that Mao is giving up now but I can understand her concerns. Not doing well during GP season is one thing but not doing well at Nationals/making world team takes on another level of significance. I have commented that this worst case scenario isn't the end of the world by any means. It really depends on how Mao views the whole ordeal and if anyone has the fortitude to endure such a setback, it's Mao. But it's always good to take protective measures to prevent encountering such big setbacks.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:38 pm

polosatik wrote:
josling wrote:



And one thing I forgot in my last post:
Does anyone of you know why Miki was at TEB ?! I saw her and it was quite funny because I watched behind me and saw Miki sitting there three ranks away from me, totally excited I turned my head to my right and there Alban Préaubert was standing, then I took a glance to Miki again and who was sitting there on her left ?! Shizuka Arakawa! Yep! Strange situation with all big figure skaters around you... Hell, no!
Miki came to see Men's SP and FS and Ladies's FS. But she looked very sad and kind of bored (maybe because of her injury?) Neutral
Miki came with Morozov, they ate together in the restaurant and so. Please don't ask me what it means, it's quite obvious. Razz the rumors are true.
Yeah, I thought about that too. Just the way she was looking at him (for example when Amodio was skating) was quite clear. But I wanted to ask you because it was just a thought of me! Laugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:15 pm

josling wrote:
polosatik wrote:
josling wrote:



And one thing I forgot in my last post:
Does anyone of you know why Miki was at TEB ?! I saw her and it was quite funny because I watched behind me and saw Miki sitting there three ranks away from me, totally excited I turned my head to my right and there Alban Préaubert was standing, then I took a glance to Miki again and who was sitting there on her left ?! Shizuka Arakawa! Yep! Strange situation with all big figure skaters around you... Hell, no!
Miki came to see Men's SP and FS and Ladies's FS. But she looked very sad and kind of bored (maybe because of her injury?) Neutral
Miki came with Morozov, they ate together in the restaurant and so. Please don't ask me what it means, it's quite obvious. Razz the rumors are true.
Yeah, I thought about that too. Just the way she was looking at him (for example when Amodio was skating) was quite clear. But I wanted to ask you because it was just a thought of me! Laugh
Wub I know some people don't like Kolya, but Miki is so happy with him. And for me this is the most important thing. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 361
Join date : 2010-02-25
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:40 pm

an article of universal sports, they talk about Mao.
http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=503059.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:59 pm

jkblues wrote:
an article of universal sports, they talk about Mao.
http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=503059.html

thanks for the article.... I find this article hundred time more realistic then hersh newst article that is so negative in comparison. I am glad that they looked at mao's situation, and all the things she is going through this season as a very importent fact to why isn't /wasn't ready for the GPS. sit takes alot of courage to compete when you aren't in form, but I am glad that they mentioned that..












Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Thanks Linglang for the translations again! Worship

Btw, what does Sato mean when he says he "laid out a plan to improve her jumps to a level she can compete even though she keeps pre-correction forms"? Does this mean they are not correcting her actual technique as Nakagubo was planning to do? But simply improving her current technique? Or is this his temporary emergency plan for the sake of competition? confused
I remember this was one of the thing inskate feared regarding his approach. I think she has a point. If Mao decided to fix her technique, they might as well get down to the root of the problem now rather than later.

I agree with snowdrops. It may be a compromise between old and new, or as you say temporary emergency plan for the sake of competition. My guess is that when Mr. Sato took on Mao he thought there is not enough time for her to acquire all new techniques and execute at competitions and he scrapped what Mr. Nagakubo had taught her earlier.

Mao might have done better with Mr. Nagakubo's approach, or she might be struggling more with his approach. No one can know. Changing techniques within a short period of time since this summer may be affecting her too.

One of the reasons why Mao is struggling with her jumps now is she'd been coachless for too long technical-wise. But, there was no room for Mao to squeeze in to have Mr. Nagakubo as her main coach back then and even now. Also, it was Mao who wanted Mr. Sato to be her main coach.

I'm with kaarolcia. I trust Mao team. There will be many more problems they will have to solve even after Mao become consistent with her jumps, such as ratification (lutz) and GOE. I'm sure Mao will face them squarely and make progress because her goal is to become a complete package skater of the highest level. I believe Mao will make her dream come true.

I miss inskate. She enlighten us a lot about skating techniques. She may be worried too much about Mr. Sato's approach. Depressed Crying

Thanks josling for the report. Happy to read about Team Mao-Taka Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:27 pm

linglang wrote:

One of the reasons why Mao is struggling with her jumps now is she'd been coachless for too long technical-wise. But, there was no room for Mao to squeeze in to have Mr. Nagakubo as her main coach back then and even now. Also, it was Mao who wanted Mr. Sato to be her main coach.

True. The situation couldn't be helped. I guess I am just hoping that this will be the last time her technique is being tweaked so this cycle won't have to repeat itself again. I miss inskate too. I wonder where she has been lately. I also haven't seen Batsuchan since the season began. Maybe Mao's current state has made her too down. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1773
Join date : 2008-07-05
Location : Tokyo Francisco

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:29 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Sigh, I still feel Arutunian was the best strategist Mao had so far in her career. He was the only one who seem to hold Mao back from doing more than she can handle at a given point in the season. Instead of overloading the content from the start, he gradually increased the difficulty of the program as season went on. Mao really need someone like that on her team now, because the verdict is still out on Sato. I am having some doubts though.
Really? As much as I appreciated it, the brackets-into-3A wasn't exactly what I call good strategy at all - it was a definite factor in Mao's less-than-ideal performances at Campbell's and SA 06 (I'll leave out GPF '06 since the circumstances regarding that were not in Team Japan's favor), and it wasn't until Nats that she was finally able to land it cleanly. Czardas was overloaded since the very beginning too, with both the 2A-3T and the 3F-3Lo planned right after the 3A. I *do* agree about the increased difficulty approach that was taken for Fantasie Impromptu, but that was pretty much a one-time only situation during Skate Canada. And well, if we're really talking about good strategy I don't think the two 3-3 + 3A free skate layout would have ever been considered to begin with...it was quite amazing when it did come together at GPF and 4CC that season though. WOW! Yep!

I can see where you are coming from, however. With the change in technique it would be more...I guess, logical and less stressful for Mao to go for a more "relaxed" jump layout. Mao did lower the number of 3As from two to one for her Nats' version of Bells so we might see something similar happen again. Maybe.

Whether Mao will be able to regain some consistency by Nats is anyone's guess at this point - the saving grace is that there's a silver lining regardless of whether the outcome is good or bad. I'm pretty sure Mao's team will continue to block out the media until then so there's not much left for us to do but to hope for the best. Whirly Drama!

Thanks again for the reports, josling!

_________________
"She's like...a souffle on the ice." -Dick Button
☆ Mao-chan Supporter ★ ~真央ちゃん頑張れぇ~ ☆


Last edited by clovera on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Went a little grammar police on it.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:00 pm

clovera wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
Sigh, I still feel Arutunian was the best strategist Mao had so far in her career. He was the only one who seem to hold Mao back from doing more than she can handle at a given point in the season. Instead of overloading the content from the start, he gradually increased the difficulty of the program as season went on. Mao really need someone like that on her team now, because the verdict is still out on Sato. I am having some doubts though.
Really? As much as I appreciated it, the brackets-into-3A wasn't exactly what I call good strategy at all - it was a definite factor in Mao's less-than-ideal performances at Campbell's and SA 06 (I'll leave out GPF '06 since the circumstances regarding that were not in Team Japan's favor), and it wasn't until Nats that she was finally able to land it cleanly. Czardas was overloaded since the very beginning too, with both the 2A-3T and the 3F-3Lo planned right after the 3A. I *do* agree about the increased difficulty approach that was taken for Fantasie Impromptu, but that was pretty much a one-time only situation during Skate Canada. And well, if were really talking about good strategy I don't think the two 3-3 + 3A free skate layout would have ever been considered to begin with...it was quite amazing when it did come together at GPF and 4CC that season though. WOW! Yep!josling!

I thought it was a whole season process for her Fantastie LP. She only had one 3-3 and omitted 3A at SC, added the 3A at TEB, and added another 3-3 by GPF. Perhaps, I am looking him through nostagic rose-tinted glasses, but I always felt he was a pretty good coach for Mao. He wasn't perfect (didn't fix her flutz) but her jumps and flow were best under him. Her GOE was pretty decent even when they started tightening the UR/edge rules. I guess he also did get a little lucky to coach Mao in good shape. I am aware that Sato has a far tougher job, so I will try to be more patient with her current coaching arrangement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky



Posts : 48
Join date : 2009-02-18
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 pm

Mao's coach, Nobuo Sato's interview

http://www.asahi.com/sports/spo/TKY201011300126.html

Can someone translate for everyone?
He was talking about Mao.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
SAKURA



Posts : 37
Join date : 2009-04-26
Location : Tokyo (six months of the year)

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:01 pm

polosatik wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
josling wrote:

And one thing I forgot in my last post:
Does anyone of you know why Miki was at TEB ?! I saw her and it was quite funny because I watched behind me and saw Miki sitting there three ranks away from me, totally excited I turned my head to my right and there Alban Préaubert was standing, then I took a glance to Miki again and who was sitting there on her left ?! Shizuka Arakawa! Yep! Strange situation with all big figure skaters around you... Hell, no!
Miki came to see Men's SP and FS and Ladies's FS. But she looked very sad and kind of bored (maybe because of her injury?) Neutral
Miki came with Morozov, they ate together in the restaurant and so. Please don't ask me what it means, it's quite obvious. Razz the rumors are true.

at this point, it's not a rumor anymore lol! lol! lol!
haha yeah))). For Miki fans, a few pics of her from TEB.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1290/98aa526f08d3.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8049/c145108e3fcf.jpg

Thank you for photos!

I don't know it's true or not, but I heard that Miki is thinking to change SPs and she prepared for it at Paris with Morozov. In addition, another coach in Japan, Monna coach, was very busy for Jr Nationals last week, so it seemed better to be with Morozon in Paris than to take a training in Japan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:49 am

SAKURA wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
josling wrote:

And one thing I forgot in my last post:
Does anyone of you know why Miki was at TEB ?! I saw her and it was quite funny because I watched behind me and saw Miki sitting there three ranks away from me, totally excited I turned my head to my right and there Alban Préaubert was standing, then I took a glance to Miki again and who was sitting there on her left ?! Shizuka Arakawa! Yep! Strange situation with all big figure skaters around you... Hell, no!
Miki came to see Men's SP and FS and Ladies's FS. But she looked very sad and kind of bored (maybe because of her injury?) Neutral
Miki came with Morozov, they ate together in the restaurant and so. Please don't ask me what it means, it's quite obvious. Razz the rumors are true.

at this point, it's not a rumor anymore lol! lol! lol!
haha yeah))). For Miki fans, a few pics of her from TEB.

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1290/98aa526f08d3.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8049/c145108e3fcf.jpg

Thank you for photos!

I don't know it's true or not, but I heard that Miki is thinking to change SPs and she prepared for it at Paris with Morozov. In addition, another coach in Japan, Monna coach, was very busy for Jr Nationals last week, so it seemed better to be with Morozon in Paris than to take a training in Japan.
You're welcome! Photos were taken by one great member from Russian forum. Very Happy
Hmm, I heard about Miki wish to change her SP, seems it can be true. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 546
Join date : 2010-09-14
Age : 28
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:54 am

polosatik wrote:

Hmm, I heard about Miki wish to change her SP, seems it can be true. scratch

What?! no, no, no!!! I love her SP!!! Disappointed Why does she want to change it? It's my favourite among all her programs so far cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:56 am

Thanks sky for the link

Rush translation. It's way difficult to translate Sato Sensei's Japanese! LOL
I paraphrased some phrases because I couldn't find them in Japanese-English dictionaries.
Also, I'm not sure if I interpret his first answer properly. Please correct me Very Happy

****************************************************************************

Q: Mao Asada has not been able to show her true strength at competitions.

Mr. Sato: If there is only one cause, it’s easy to solve a problem. I’ve been telling Mao that skating is something like a mixed juice drink. Mixed juice drink tastes good because it uses a variety of ingredients -- apples, bananas, strawberries. Like a tasty mixed juice drink, you have to bring three factors into balance, otherwise you will not find a good solution. Then, what are apples or bananas for her? It’s a matter of feeling and I cannot give you any specific idea about it. It will just take time.

Q:I saw many times during official practices of TEB that you gave instructions with gestures.

Mr. Sato: I said we have to wait until her jumps get better though, when it comes to competition, I cannot keep saying only about basics. But, if we skip basic things and deal with jumps in a makeshift manner, there is a risk of returning to her former techniques. We will have to work on two aspects, one for getting ready for Nationals and one for making steady improvement from the basics.

Q: Could you tell me what in particular you are going to correct?

I’m not going to tell you anything specific about techniques. If I mention one technical problem of her and the press covers it, it will get out of control. Some of her jumps which look a failure to you are indeed not failure at all to me. Her jumps are getting better. It a matter of time and we just have to wait. I think things will be depend on her patience.

*****************************************************************************

My favorite ingredients for mixed juice drink are bananas, apples, milk, sugar and ice rock.
Anyway, as for the first answer, Sato Sensei wants to say that Mao needs to find a good balance between timing, speed, posture, etc, I guess. He said "three factors" but I don't think he really meant "three."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Thophy Eric Bompard 2010   

Back to top Go down
 
Thophy Eric Bompard 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Tickets?
» TEB 2011 :17/20 November/TEB :du 17/20 Novembre
» Trophée Eric Bompard
» trophée Eric Bompard
» Trophée Eric Bompard 2009

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: