Posts : 141
Join date : 2007-11-17
|Subject: Which Mao moves do you like the best? Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:27 pm|| |
Nocturne. -In Nocturne, she has a lot of slow, gentle upper body movements. I love them a lot.-I like the ways Mao twisted her upper body and gently reached her right arm towards the back (she does this a couple of times: at the spiral, before the steps going into the 2A, and before entering the combination spins prior to the straight line steps). The diagonal line and the slow, gentle movements were very beautiful. She's basically just looking back, but the way she does is so elegant.-I also liked her twizzle at the end of the straightline steps. Fantaisie Impromptu Chopin. -I like the way she pauses a bit, looks up, and reaches her arm to the audience right after lutz and just before the spiral. It looks very delicate and underscores the moment of the quietness in the music that otherwise seamlessly flows.
-I also like the body twist right before going into the straight line steps. It emphasizes the quickness in her moves following this pause.Fantasia for Violin and Orchestra. -I like the opening of the steps. The ballet jump-like move is strong and dramatic.-I also like the way she pauses and dramatically opens her arms at the latter half of the straightline steps.Etude Tristesse. Chopin. -I love all the gentle, smooth por de bras in which she moves her arms towards the upper front.-I like the light, joyful steps when the music changes into the Major tone with the faster tempo at the middle of the performance.-I also like the repeated moves at the last part in which she pauses and looks up as if she was trying to hear the voice of her loved one who is far away (Aero? ).
Posts : 331
Join date : 2008-03-12
Age : 25
Location : canada
|Subject: Re: Which Mao moves do you like the best? Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:22 am|| |
For me its everything! i love everything she does on the ice
Dedicated Mao Fan
Posts : 1298
Join date : 2007-10-29
|Subject: Re: Which Mao moves do you like the best? Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:39 pm|| |
I also love everything!
If I had to pick just a few it would be:
- twizzle at the end of the straightline steps from Nocturne,
- change of edge arabesque spiral from Nocturne,
- spread-eagle done in a circle - Over the Rainbow and So Deep is the Night
- the ballet-like position when she lifts her leg to the back attitude position as an entrance to 2A in SP, and in many other moments, too,
- butterflies into deathdrop spin - in Over the Rainbow and in early version of So Deep is the Night,
- the new layback, and Biellman! And I like that Biellman variation when she pulls her feet down to her face,
- the falling leaf jump entrance into Fantasia SP, right into twizzle!
- the position she hits just before the step sequence in the LP
Every move is picture perfect!
Helen, your avatar is so cute!
♥Good luck, Mao!♥
|Subject: Re: Which Mao moves do you like the best? || |