HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:55 pm

clovera wrote:
~Short Program Starting Order~

Like a Star @ heaven Men Like a Star @ heaven
Group 1
01 - Ryuichi Kihara

Group 2
09 - Ryuju Hino
10 - Kento Nakamura

Group 3
15 - Keiji Tanaka

Group 5
21 - Yuzuru
24 - Dai
26 - Kozu

Group 6
27 - DaiM
28 - Tatsuki Machida
29 - Takahito Mura
30 - Tono
31 - Yasuharu Nanri

Like a Star @ heaven Ladies Like a Star @ heaven
Group 1
03 - Rumi Suizu
05 - Nana Takeda

Group 2
06 - Shion Kokubun
10 - Karen Kemanai

Group 3
11 - Risa Shoji
12 - Kako Tomotaki
13 - Aki Sawada
15 - Yuki Nishino

Group 4
17 - Miyabi Oba
18 - Roanna Sari Oshikawa

Group 5
22 - Ayane Nakamura
23 - Shoko Ishikawa
24 - Kanako
25 - Haruka
26 - Miki

Group 6
27 - Mari Suzuki
28 - Akiko
29 - Mao
30 - Fumie
31 - Ayumi Goto

*Jr. Nats medalists and senior GP participants are in bold*

Yey!! Mao will skate 3rd!!! flower

Dani-Chan wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSBPHC8uRGc&feature=sub

lol! lol! lol!

And I do love Tono!! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:04 pm

I have such mixed feelings about this competition. I'm so excited that Mao's jumps seem on track, but I'm so nervous for her! Panic! I just hope Mao can take it in stride if she doesn't do as well as she hopes. I know she's strong, though, and I hope her coach (and Taka! Razz) will help her keep her perspective whatever happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Hello Everyone! I'm so excited for the competition this weekend.

Does anyone know of a live results page (preferably in English) so that I can follow the scores as they go? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Nobu: See... I told you so. Hell, no!
Taka: I wanna kill Dai...
Hanyu: I'm out of this...

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:53 pm

Oh my... I'm so nervous :S
I really want Mao to medal Smile (In fact I would love her to get gold), but more than that, I wanna see her land most of her jumps, and if possible, I hope she lands the lutz (or double it and with no edge call), oh my... I hope it all ends up good Smile
ganbatte Mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:18 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Some info I picked up from newspaper articles:

It seems Mao is considering 2A instead of 3A for SP this time. But she says she'll decide according to her condition in the morning.

Dai says his condition is not bad but he's having trouble with 4T. He says that 4F is even better right now. However, he has been planning to do a 4T, so although he might switch to 4F at the very last moment according to his condition, he is planning to stick to 4T basically.

Miki says her condition is not that great. But she knew her condition was at her peak when she performed her FP at GPF, so she was aware that it will go down hill after that for a while. But after starting practice for Nats, she feels her condition is getting better and hopes that it will be great again at the right time.

Kanako seems to be doing fine...but on the other hand, recently there are increasing numbers of anti-Kanako FS fans within Japan. Those people have started to bash her quite badly in some BB sites. Some people accuse those bashers to be Mao fans...well, I'm a Mao fan but I like Kanako as well, so I hope nobody thinks all Mao fans hate Kanako. These bashers are pointing out how awkward some of her GOEs were, and also say that her PCS is way too high than they should be. They also bash her for her 'fake' smiles, and say that she is arrogant deep down. According to them, a camera shot of Kanako watching Yuzuru skate in GP and not clapping in the end of his performance proves her arrogance... Commentator I'm really shocked that this is happening, and hope Kanako doesn't pay much attention to the web that much. No Btw, all this bashing towards Kanako happening, is partly because the Japanese media started praising her as the 'second' Mao, and has been treating her like a new genius star. Since many Mao fans here think the media has been treating Mao unfairly (which is IMO not totally true), so the way Kanako is being treated seems to get on their nerves. However that's the media's doing, not Kanakos'. Those bashers should know that to say the least. I hope not all of them are Mao fans...Mao and Kanako have known eachother since childhood and are very close. Not only Kanako but Mao will be heart-broken if she finds out what these bashers are writing. Depressed Crying

Akiko is being totally ignored by the media it seems... Frustrated

The media's the one creating all the bashes towards Kanako. But I also think that some of Kanako (not that I don"t like her)'s comments are also increasing anti-kanako's. She mentioned that at Sochi, she'd be happy with silver and that gold should go to Mao. And FS fans took this comment as very rude towards athletes who aim for gold.

Internet news by sankei NP made me angry this morning. They say that Mao's been pessimistic because she might change her 3A to a 2A . huh ??? if she's been pessimistic just for that change, then how about all other skaters this season ? Very Mad

As for Akiko, good for her ! she can skate freely ! Encore

Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:29 am

Jenna wrote:

Does anyone know of a live results page (preferably in English) so that I can follow the scores as they go? Thanks!

Hi Jenna! Welcome to the forum!! I'm very excited as well for the competition this weekend! Woot!

I think you'll be able to see the live results if you scroll down to the very bottom http://www.skatingjapan.jp/ and click on [English] under the heading "Japan Figure Skating Championships 2010".

Batsuchan also set up a PBP thread and clovera is a sweetheart who keeps a lot of people up to speed during competitions. If it's just scores that you'd like and are familiar with Chinese characters- there are a lot of Japanese live results links via sportsnavi, twitter and 2chan as well. So I think you're good to go if you read the updates here.

ddmm wrote:
Internet news by sankei NP made me angry this morning. They say that Mao's been pessimistic because she might change her 3A to a 2A . huh ??? if she's been pessimistic just for that change, then how about all other skaters this season ? Very Mad

I know! I was so annoyed w/that writer when I read that he can't help but be worried that Mao was being timid because she was considering doing a 2A in the sp. Who the hell is he?! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:34 am

maowataiyo wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Hi Jenna! Welcome to the forum!! I'm very excited as well for the competition this weekend! Woot!

I think you'll be able to see the live results if you scroll down to the very bottom http://www.skatingjapan.jp/ and click on [English] under the heading "Japan Figure Skating Championships 2010".

Batsuchan also set up a PBP thread and clovera is a sweetheart who keeps a lot of people up to speed during competitions. If it's just scores that you'd like and are familiar with Chinese characters- there are a lot of Japanese live results links via sportsnavi, twitter and 2chan as well. So I think you're good to go if you read the updates here.

ddmm wrote:

I know! I was so annoyed w/that writer when I read that he can't help but be worried that Mao was being timid because she was considering doing a 2A in the sp. Who the hell is he?! Evil or Very Mad

During one of the previous competitions, they had a website of the results immediately. I forgot what it was. I think it's the "quick result" website that everyone is talking about. Do you have the link for it? Also, is the men starting soon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:39 am

ddmm wrote:

CaroK must be a glass-half-empty sort of person, then... Who, me?

If Mao feels confident enough to try the 3A she should go for it, obviously. But I don't think any of us would think less of her for going with the safer option. These people in the media...grrr... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
maowataiyo wrote:
Jenna wrote:

ddmm wrote:

During one of the previous competitions, they had a website of the results immediately. I forgot what it was. I think it's the "quick result" website that everyone is talking about. Do you have the link for it? Also, is the men starting soon?

Sorry I didn't see your reply! I was skyping my cousin. Yes I do have the link, but make sure you go to the PBP thread because Batsuchan didn't want spoilers in here. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:26 am

maowataiyo wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
maowataiyo wrote:
Jenna wrote:

ddmm wrote:

Sorry I didn't see your reply! I was skyping my cousin. Yes I do have the link, but make sure you go to the PBP thread because Batsuchan didn't want spoilers in here. Good luck!

Aaahhhh....... I forgot that Batsuchan didn't want spoilers! Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:52 am

roma wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Nobu: See... I told you so. Hell, no!
Taka: I wanna kill Dai...
Hanyu: I'm out of this...

lol!

Gosh, why does a picture paint a thousand words??? lol!

Oh, Taka, why be soooo obvious?? Cool

I can't wait for Saturday to see Mao, but at the same time, my case of nerves are acting up again!!

P.S. Happy Holidays, everyone!! santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:09 am

Er, so instead of an opening fluff of the top competitors, Fuji TV decides to air a weird skating trivia/quiz segment instead. Good grief. Who, me?

View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:18 am

People are posting angry and disappointed tweets on Fiji TV one after another. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:31 am

Um...so after briefly showing Group 5's warm-up Fuji TV returns to their silly quiz segment. Seriously, folks. Unconscious

View user profile
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:10 am

Does anyone know how much longer until the ladies SP?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:11 am

MAO BOTCHED A 3A AT TODAY'S PRACTICE (landing another one after that cheers ), DOES THIS MEANS SHE WILL GO FOR 2A?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8LAz45JyhE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:25 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
MAO BOTCHED A 3A AT TODAY'S PRACTICE (landing another one after that cheers ), DOES THIS MEANS SHE WILL GO FOR 2A?

Maybe she should. This way she has more chances of putting on a clean SP and then feeling more relaxed for the LP IMO.

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:28 am

alyssa wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:

Maybe she should. This way she has more chances of putting on a clean SP and then feeling more relaxed for the LP IMO.

I agree. I also sort of wish she just does the 3A at the beginning of her LP, so she can get it over with and not worry about it through the rest of the program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:30 am

maofan93 wrote:

adies SP (1,2) 13:50-15:00 (JPN time)
Ladies SP (3,4) 15:15-16:30
Ladies SP (5,6) 16:45-18:10

Group 5 and 6 will be in about 18 hours Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:42 am

linglang wrote:
maofan93 wrote:

adies SP (1,2) 13:50-15:00 (JPN time)
Ladies SP (3,4) 15:15-16:30
Ladies SP (5,6) 16:45-18:10

Group 5 and 6 will be in about 18 hours Very Happy

Thank you!
I can't wait...all this waiting is making me nervous
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:49 am

clovera wrote:
Um...so after briefly showing Group 5's warm-up Fuji TV returns to their silly quiz segment. Seriously, folks. Unconscious

Well...I had to watch that FS trivia quizz thing for a whole hour before I was actually able to see somebody skate! It said in Fuji TV's HP that they'll be broadcasting Nats from 19:00 to around 21:00. That's 2 hours! But they only aired 6 SP performances! Those 6 skaters were: Kento Nakamura, Yuzuru, Dai, Takahiko, Takahito Mura and Nobu. They totally ignored Murakami and Machida, who both ranked higher than Nakamura. Note that this broadcast wasn't live! They must've known the results beforehand, but still they chose to air Nakamura instead of Murakami and Machida! I wonder if this was because Nakamura had won Jr. Nats last month, or because he's simply much better looking than Murakami and Machida... Rolling Eyes

I also wonder what Fuji TV has prepared for us for the first hour of tomorrow's ladies' SP broadcast!
I'm betting they will air Mao, Miki, Akiko, Kanako, Haruka for sure...and the 6th lady to be aired will probabaly be Risa Shoji, whatever place she ranks (like Nakamura!). But they might choose Fumie instead, cause she still is one of the most famous ladies in Japan. But since it's ladies' (which always gets better ratings than mens'), they may be airing more than 6 skaters. In that case, Shion Kokubun, Yuuki Nishino, Ayane Nakamura, Ayumi Goto, and perhaps Nana Takeda might be aired. I have a feeling they'll ignore Aki Sawada and Rumi Suizu however high they rank... No

Just hope they'd air as much skaters as possible...the way they're doing things is so unfair, it's making me sick! I'm sure Fuji TV has their phones ringing endlessly after today's broadcast was over. Very Mad

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:08 am

Taka's SP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ei3Zg1TZsw

Once again, his reaction when the score came out is so hilarious ! and Oh my, his 3X3 is soooo gorgeous !
Some commentators say that he needs to improve his expressions but come on, he's a skater not an actor. His skating is simply TOP CLASS.

Tono's SP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj1v9oDacD4

Last edited by ddmm on Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:12 am

daisuke sp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63DFDSNm_R4

Oda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yusvg_oQjJI

Yuzuru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXws1m16ztw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:22 am

Rush translation for interviews:

Taka:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ei3Zg1TZsw

Interviewer: How do you fell right now?
Taka: Well, today I skated very well. I enjoyed skating very much. To be honest, I was surprised by the score. Anyway, it was good for me to be able to deliver fully what I have been practicing on the first day.
Interviewer: After finishing, you clenched your fist. How did you feel?
Taka: The Japanese Nationals is a competition which is filled with some special tension. I was very happy that I was able to perform precisely as I had been practicing, and fist clenching was spontaneous.
Interviewer: Youíve got level 4 for all spins and steps.
Taka: Steps too?
Interviewer: Yes.
Taka: Really? OhÖ well, Iím really surprised by the score today. I wondered why the score was that high. Iím really happy that I got level 4 for all spins and steps properly.
Interviewer: To win your first ever Japanese Championship tomorrow, what do you want to appeal?
Taka: Well, I really like my free program for this season. This program is so good that Iíd like people around the world to see it. I hope I will be able to do justice to the program. Giving scores is judgesí job. So, I will concentrate on my performance and I will perform with all my strength.

Dai:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63DFDSNm_R4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Interviewer: After finishing your performance, you stuck out your tongue. How was todayís performance?
Dai: Well, jumps were not good at all. They were good during the warm-up. Well, the result speaks for. I cannot comment.
Interviewer: Regarding jumps, you landed them but not cleanly. What happened?
Dai: Well, I Ö one jump was a failure immediately after the take-off and one was (a failure) when I landed it Ö what really happened? I donít know.
Interviewer: You have drawn the audience into your step sequence.
Dai: Well, I donít think my legs were moving as good as usual. But, mentally, I was able to enjoy steps together with the audience. In terms of the step sequence performance, I think it was good. I enjoyed it.
Interviewer: You said you want to go to the World Championships as a reigning Japanese Champion. How do you want to show your free program tomorrow as a reigning World Champion?
Dai: Well, I will put todayís performance behind and I will take a shot at everything with a refreshed mind.

Taka-chan's voice squeaks a little bit and it's so cute Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   

Back to top Go down

Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next