HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:27 am

Mao always knows how to calm me down. Razz Btw guys is this only my problem, but everytime I click on the thread, forum gives me the first page, it always gave me the last page before, now it's just weird. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:36 am

polosatik wrote:
Mao always knows how to calm me down. Razz Btw guys is this only my problem, but everytime I click on the thread, forum gives me the first page, it always gave me the last page before, now it's just weird. scratch
that's happening to me too Razz !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCu0c74WFZk

This video is in stereo, Japanese (L) and English (R).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf-3Rj26xQo

Mao's jumps! Fabulous!!

Mao says she is not thinking about the selection (for the worlds team).
She will try hard to exercise her abilities at competitions.

Last edited by linglang on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:41 am

So she'll go for 3Lo-2Lo.

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:59 am

polosatik wrote:

i've noticed it too. I have no idea what's going on scratch

Ohhh Mao... Wub Wub Beauuuutiful jumps Cheering So she will take a risk doing 3A in SP? WOW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:01 am

europeanfan wrote:
polosatik wrote:

i've noticed it too. I have no idea what's going on scratch

Ohhh Mao... Wub Wub Beauuuutiful jumps Cheering So she will take a risk doing 3A in SP? WOW!
Considering what Dani said I guess Mao and Mr.Sato will decided it tomorrow. If the axel will be great tomorrow practice then I think she will go for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:06 am

polosatik wrote:

Same for me. scratch

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:08 am

According to news articles, Mao will skate 29th out of 32 skaters, which means she will skate 3rd in the final group. Is this correct?

I don't know if she still maintains this but she said that she prefers skating 3rd and it is usually lucky order for her.

I hope this is true and it will help reduce some presser from her. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:09 am

linglang wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCu0c74WFZk

This video is in stereo, Japanese (L) and English (R).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf-3Rj26xQo

Mao's jumps! Fabulous!!

Mao says she is not thinking about the selection (for the worlds team).
She will try hard to exercise her abilities at competitions.

thanks alot for the video'sher jumps looked really good, but the questian is wheter it's the same when she has more speed. because now that mao is has added more speed it's has changed her timing, and all the jumps that were showing were not with the speed mao usuelly has in competition... anyway I hope that it gooes well.

and I would really appreciate any links that will show nationals on the internet...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:25 am

But in Sporto clip, she did show that her expectation of 2011 is World Champion.
2012 is for LOVE, 2013 is for STABILITY and 2014 when Olympic return, she wants
to skate beautifully and strongly as adult skater should do.

Comparing the date of interview, I think she doesn't want to pressure herself much
so she denied about World candidate, just only aim to skate perfect as she should do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:32 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:
But in Sporto clip, she did show that her expectation of 2011 is World Champion.

Comparing the date of interview, I think she doesn't want to pressure herself much
so she denied about World candidate, just only aim to skate perfect as she should do.

I thought Love was one of her goals this year. Razz I hope she doesn't put too much pressure on herself. I think she wants to defend her title but I also get the feeling that she knows she probably might not be ready by then.

ETA: I really wish Inskate comes back so she can shed some insight on Mao's technique because it's hard to tell the changes in her technique.

Last edited by aoi88 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:34 am

her jumps look very good here, she did even 3F Worship Worship
I hope she lands them all Panic! Panic!
If she does, I swear to god, I will cry like a bb Faint2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:41 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
her jumps look very good here, she did even 3F Worship Worship
I hope she lands them all Panic! Panic!
If she does, I swear to god, I will cry like a bb Faint2

lool me too.... Faint2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:42 am

So, what will her layouts probably be?

SP: 3A or 2A + 3Lo-2Lo + 3F
LP: 2A-3T + 3F-2Lo + 3Lz + 3A + 3F-2Lo-2Lo + 3S + 3Lo

Question

Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:50 am

alyssa wrote:

Question

I hope her layout of jumps in FS will look like that Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:59 am

alyssa wrote:

Question

It seems she is still going for the 3A in the halfway section based on practice clips I've seen. I'm not sure if she is going to do the 2A combo. I am curious about her lutz. This is the jump she has the most problem on but it seems to be ignored this season. The media focuses on the 3A (mostly) and her flip. But the lutz is rarely shown or mentioned. I've also heard people say that she edge entry hasn't changed, so I am wondering if they are putting that jump aside for now? What I (fear) is that they may just want to make her land it consistently again without changing her wrong edge, because past experience has shown that changing it is too risky. These are just some speculations of course but it's really interesting that the jump which would be the priority choice for correction is hardly mentioned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:07 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
her jumps look very good here, she did even 3F
I hope she lands them all
If she does, I swear to god, I will cry like a bb

Me too, me too. Maybe we should start a prayer circle, I am so nervous for Mao now. pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:29 am

aoi88 wrote:
alyssa wrote:

Question

It seems she is still going for the 3A in the halfway section based on practice clips I've seen. I'm not sure if she is going to do the 2A combo. I am curious about her lutz. This is the jump she has the most problem on but it seems to be ignored this season. The media focuses on the 3A (mostly) and her flip. But the lutz is rarely shown or mentioned. I've also heard people say that she edge entry hasn't changed, so I am wondering if they are putting that jump aside for now? What I (fear) is that they may just want to make her land it consistently again without changing her wrong edge, because past experience has shown that changing it is too risky. These are just some speculations of course but it's really interesting that the jump which would be the priority choice for correction is hardly mentioned.

I think your speculations are right. It seems that Mr. Sato doesn't want to include lutz in the jump rework this season. His strategy for jump correction to start with seems to be more on flow at entrance & landing with good speed by improving skating skills.

When I read JapanTimes' recent article, I was wondering about "skating line." I didn't think it was about position & line, because Mao is one of the skaters who is known for the most beautiful positions. And then I thought "skating line" was what Mr. Sato pointed out soon after taking on her: Mao's upper body moves up and down when she strokes, and that also hinders her from jumping with speed.

Well, I'm not figure skating expert and it's based on the information I got from the net, so I may be wrong.

But, regarding lutz, I agree with you and I think he may be planning to work on it after this season is over.

I miss inskate so much ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:35 am

WOW! Smile
Those practice clips look great!!!
I wish they would show her lutz so we could see what was going on, but see seems to be in good shape with her other jumps. I wish she would do a nice big double axel or triple toe in place of the second 3A in the long program, and just go for the first one. I honestly think it would work sooooo much better and help her get her confidence back like last year's Japanese Nationals.

GO MAO! WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:41 am

linglang wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
alyssa wrote:

Question

I think your speculations are right. It seems that Mr. Sato doesn't want to include lutz in the jump rework this season. His strategy for jump correction to start with seems to be more on flow at entrance & landing with good speed by improving skating skills.

When I read JapanTimes' recent article, I was wondering about "skating line." I didn't think it was about position & line, because Mao is one of the skaters who is known for the most beautiful positions. And then I thought "skating line" was what Mr. Sato pointed out soon after taking on her: Mao's upper body moves up and down when she strokes, and that also hinders her from jumping with speed.

Well, I'm not figure skating expert and it's based on the information I got from the net, so I may be wrong.

But, regarding lutz, I agree with you and I think he may be planning to work on it after this season is over.

I don't think you should take Gallagher's comments too seriously, cuz he often doesn't know what he's talking about. Hmm. I kinda wish they will just work on it asap. It's so hard to correct so I don't think they can waste any time. Joanne did correct hers and it took 2 years. But there are many others who did not succeed. Some of them still get edge calls. I am trying to trust Sato but he's so obscure with his strategies. They just make me go confused I am much more concerned about her long term progress , because Mao's sacrifices this season has to amount to something. And is it just me or is Mao's rotations on her jump seem slower than before?

Last edited by aoi88 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:41 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:

The video is on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnF9rWB0Ouw

Actually, the interview where Mao said about her expectation of 2011 and later was given immediately after the Worlds in Turin.

Sorry guys, I want to go to bed now. Coffee I'll translate it tomorrow morning, if there is none by then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:53 am

aoi88 wrote:
linglang wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
alyssa wrote:

Question

I don't think you should take Gallagher's comments too seriously, cuz he often doesn't know what he's talking about. Hmm. I kinda wish they will just work on it asap. It's so hard to correct so I don't think they can waste any time. Joanne did correct hers and it took 2 years. But there are many others who did not succeed. Some of them still get edge calls. I am trying to trust Sato but he's so obscure with his strategies. They just make me go confused I am much more concerned about her long term progress , because Mao's sacrifices this season has to amount to something. And is it just me or is Mao's rotations on her jump seem slower than before?

True ! He seems to be copying information from here and there. He was once caught using Batsuchan's translation in his article. Laughing

>And is it just me or is Mao's rotations on her jump seem slower than before?
Does that mean her jump covers more ice than before? Thus she doesn't rotate as fast as before?

And in the above video, Mr. Sato says Mao's jumps have been improving day by day and he tells to himself not to rush and wait for Mao patiently.

As far as I know from his book, he is very cautious person. I think this is one of the reasons why he doesn't reveal his strategy to the media.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 am

To me Mao jumps looks better then before, she has more flow now, her upper body doesn't lean forward like it used to. What do you expect? Reworking every jump for now? This is crazy, if Mao decided to do this all now, she won't be competing. because then she wouldn't be able to land any jump. Every skating coach knows that. I talked with my friend skater and she said that Mr, Sato is very wise , improving step by step is the right thing for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - 2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:56 am

hahahha OMG I think I may die from laughter! Look at Taka! Laugh

lol! lol!
Jealous?

Last edited by kaarolcia on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile