HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:32 am

Dani-Chan wrote:

BEAUTIFUL PODIUM Many Hearts Many Hearts
Welcome back to the podium, Mao!

More pics here http://sankei.jp.msn.com/photos/sports/other/101226/oth1012261927020-p5.htm

Mao is in lavender, Miki is in black, and Kanako is in both colors. Razz

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:51 am

Love Hearts Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mash5

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:33 am

Great performances of the ladies today. I´m very happy about Mao´s program, she skated beautifully and showed that she did a big step forward. Congratulations ! Miki deserved to win I think, but at a first glance I was a bit surprised by the point difference, too. Miki with almost 10 ahead (in TES) today.

O.K., Axel was UR (to me it even looked a little better than yesterday´s ... actually weird as some of you already mentioned) and only 2S. But if you take the values of a clean 3A and 3S and leave the GOE unchanged she would have earned 66,92 points in TES. Still 4,58 points behind Miki and just 1,22 ahead of Kanako. Hmm ... don´t know what to say about this. The judges indeed seemed to be quite generous with Miki´s GOE today. On the other hand she had a 3-jump-combo and 2A+3T included to collect more points.

(I didn´t count the flutz-lutz-point-difference in my calculation because I guess it will be hardly achievable for Mao not to receive an edge call in the future. But it´s not so many points she loses by that. The jump looked quite good today ... maybe she shouldn´t focus too much on that damn edge-problem if it cost´s her too much energy and attention.)

Last edited by mash5 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:12 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:59 am

aoi88 wrote:
Anyways, can someone please explain why Mao repeated a combo jump? I thought skaters are not allowed to do that. Question

So weird. That's what I thought too!
Now the only explanation I can give you guys is that Daddy Nobu probably gave Mao some, er, 'helpful' advice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:06 am

There is no rule that prohibits repeating a combination. She probably wanted to do one 3F-2L-2L and one 3F-2L like last year, but she opted in the last second to omit a 2L. The rules are: nu more then 3 combination, a jump can be repeated only if it's done in combination(but it's allowed to do for example two 3T, both in combination, like Yuna does; you are not allowed to execute, for example two solo 3T). So doing 2 identical combos is allowed. Mao got credit for them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:08 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
There is no rule that prohibits repeating a combination. She probably wanted to do one 3F-2L-2L and one 3F-2L like last year, but she opted in the last second to omit a 2L. The rules are: nu more then 3 combination, a jump can be repeated only if it's done in combination(but it's allowed to do for example two 3T, both in combination, like Yuna does; you are not allowed to execute, for example two solo 3T). So doing 2 identical combos is allowed. Mao got credit for them

Ooh thanks for the helpful info! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:09 am

You're very welcome flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:11 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:14 am

Lady_in_black wrote:

Thanks so much for this. flower

ETA: Just watched her FP again in HD version. Omg! Her flow throughout the program is amazing. Everything looks so smooth. Her basics are even better than they were under Rafael. Sato is definitely the master in teaching basics.

Last edited by aoi88 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:20 am

I've just watched Mao's FS!!! It was gorgeous!!! Unbelievable!!! COngrats to Mao for GREAT programs at nationals!!!! Cheering Many Hearts

I'm surprised she didn't win with this FS, I'm going to watch Miki's FS, she had to be suberb Wink

BTW why didn't Mao do 3-2-2? I thought skaters can't do three combinations of two jumps. Is that the reason why she was 2nd? Anyway I'm happy for her, it has to be a big relief Wub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:46 am

After watching the skate a few times, I noticed that Mao's 3A in her FP resembled the ones she did last season: tight and fast rotation. But the one she did in the SP had slower rotations but seemed to cover more distance. I was wondering perhaps the slower rotations I see in her jumps is part of the new technique. More time in the air to complete full rotations? If that's so, then it makes sense that the one she did in her SP got full credit despite the imperfect landing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMubps0cRws

Mao's interview

Interviewer: What do you think about your performance?
Mao: Well… I think I’ve done everything I could now. It finished just before, so I really don’t know… When I finished, I thought I’ve made it. I’m very satisfied now.
Interviewer: What were you thinking at the back room after warm-up?
Mao: Well, I knew the first jump would be critical definitely. I was determined to jump as good 3A as yesterday. I was thinking only about it.
Interviewer: Regarding 3A, how do you rate today’s 3A comparing to yesterday’s one.
Mao: Well, I’ve only watched it slow-mo. I don’t know … speed and how it was judged. I don’t know yet.
Interviewer: Your smile today looked different to me from your smile yesterday. How do you describe your smile today?
Mao: It’s like … I felt relieved.
Interviewer: I suppose you experienced changes in your mind while you were preparing for this competition. And now it’s over. How did it change your mind?
Mao: I think I’ve finally overcome a big hurdle. I think I’ve become stronger.
Interviewer: Specifically, what part do you think you’ve become stronger?
Mao: Well, I knew this was the last chance and I was able to exert all the strength that I have now. I think it will help me keep momentum for future competitions and seasons.

When I was translating it I wondered what Mao meant about "speed."
She said "速さ" in Japanese which is "speed" in English. I thought she wasn't sure if her 3A (rotation) was fast enough until she checks her performance later.
And now I'm confused because as aoi says I thought slower rotation means more ice coverage and thus it is more preferred by judge. Question

I've been watching her LP repeatedly because it's so fascinating. Razz I noticed she lowered her torso more at second 3F than first one. I wonder if it's because of her old bad habit.

I also thought from this interview today's 3A< has fired her motivation even more. Twisted Evil
I'm really looking forward to seeing further improved Mao next March.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:22 am

Since Mao is going to 4CC, we will see her improvement in February! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:27 am

yay I can't wait gooooo mao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:27 am

linglang wrote:

When I was translating it I wondered what Mao meant about "speed."
She said "速さ" in Japanese which is "speed" in English. I thought she wasn't sure if her 3A (rotation) was fast enough until she checks her performance later.
And now I'm confused because as aoi says I thought slower rotation means more ice coverage and thus it is more preferred by judge. Question

I am confused too. Whirly Personally, I prefer her previous 3A with fast rotation but I think the judges prefer jumps that cover more ice. Patrick Chan has trouble in his 3A landings (and a lot of other jumps Who, me? ) but he almost always gets full credit on them. So I think full rotation in the air is valued much more than good landings/no falls under this system. I think what Mao wants is fast rotation and more ice coverage like the 3A she did at 2008 4CC. I felt it was the best 3A she did (fast rotations and good ice coverage). It's no surprise she got huge GOE for that jump.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:29 am

Hi! I was wondering if someone could post the protocols for Mao and Miki and Kanako if it's not too much trouble because I can't open them. I would really like to see the GOE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:37 am

Hi guys,

I woke up two hours ago and I was reading all your
comentaries...I'm so proud of Mao, she did it, she is our girl! Confetti Boogie Hell, no! Cheering

I'm a little sad because she didn't win her
5th national title, but I konw she´ll get more national titles in her career Very Happy

2nd place at nationals is a huge progress, now she's
confident again, enjoying her skate, smiling, etc. Now she only need a little more time and practice to do perfect performance at competitions ....I can't wait for the 4CC.... Dance Dance Dance

Mao, I love you, I really do, you always make me believe that
all is posible if I really try with all my heart. Thank you so much for
been in that way!!!! Your beautifull smile after your performances at nationals were my best Christmas gift Yep! Wub

Thank you so much to all of you guys, for been a nice and supportive fans =) Thanks for the links, news, videos, translations, etc., etc. Pochi, I'm sorry for your PC, I hope you can repare it very soon and came back to this forum, we'll be waiting for you!!!

Well, have a nice New Year celebration, thank you again to everybody, 2010 was a really nice year to me, been a member of this forum!!!! God bless you!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:19 am

sofia wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW1JAXnhuSw

Mao's LP in HD

Thanks for this!!!

I just saw this and it was amazing! So much speed, flow and ice coverage! She seemed so free
The jumps look better every time this program is performed, and the whole program gets better every single time.

I can't wait to see what Mao will do in 4CC and World's.

I was so touched watching the program. Coach Sato was so happy at the end of the performance haha, I think it was one of the few times he showed a lot of his joy Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mash5

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:23 am

@BounceAround:

I hope it works !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jtsmith1

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Could someone tell me why Mao never gets sent to compete at the Asian Winter Games ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Miki Ando FS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdZPKU_YEdQ

Kanako FS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCyxo3Dm_B8

Guys, I think it's time to start thinking Mao is probably suffering the burns from her bad season. Yep, Sadly Yep, Sadly like we expected, but hopefully she will now recover a bit of it with this silver.

Risa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJa8OG1ot98

Last edited by Dani-Chan on Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Why Mao has no club? scratch

Anyway, I'm really happy for her results. A month ago in TEB we had no idea how long it would take her to deliver clean programs and now she's already getting lots of positive GOEs. Even her lutz wasn't bad, despite the edge call. And she only lost 0.42 so it's worth going on with it, even with the wrong edge IMO. I just thought today's 3A was complete, as opposed to yesterday's, but who understands judges' minds? Rolling Eyes Overall, this was a very pleasant Christmas. Thank you, Mao! Happy dance

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Okay, so I just saw both of the top programs.

Yes, Miki did better than Mao technically, but I don't agree with the GOEs and definitely not the PCs (Mao got lower on interpretation of music?!?)

So I agree with Dani-Chan that there is some back-lash from the early season, but it'll only go up from here Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:22 pm

I'M SO HAPPY FOR MAO!!!! SHE DESERVES THIS!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks for posting the protocols! It looks pretty evenly inflated (they all got generous GOE)...the only GOEs I would strongly disagree with are Kanako's SlSt and Miki's spins and Mao's spins (which were low for how they were compared to the others) but other than that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   

Back to top Go down

Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next