HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:09 pm

wow, im so happy to see Mao´s smile again, and i´m happy to see her skating with more confidence. I think the SP and LP since the las time she has improved no only her jumps, but her expresion aswell, so beautifull, and the makeup is fantastic.
i´ve just found this article and the part i liked the most was this
‘‘Asada has a lot of guts. I’m amazed by her. I thought it would
definitely take longer for her to get out of her slump but this is a big
surprise. I feel there’s nothing to worry about with her now. She
really did a great job,’’ said Asada’s coach Nobuo Sato

http://www.japantoday.com/category/sports/view/ando-1st-asada-2nd-at-national-championships
Back to top Go down
View user profile
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:57 pm

jkblues wrote:
wow, im so happy to see Mao´s smile again, and i´m happy to see her skating with more confidence. I think the SP and LP since the las time she has improved no only her jumps, but her expresion aswell, so beautifull, and the makeup is fantastic.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/sports/view/ando-1st-asada-2nd-at-national-championships

Many Hearts

With every day I am more certain that Sato was a great choice for Mao. Her increased speed and flow are impressive—it's clear that he has helped her in these areas. She seems to have adjusted her jumps to her new speed quite well already. I find her 3F particularly impressive. Of course, she is not 100% yet, but she's come so far in so short a time...like Sato, I am amazed.

I can't wait to see how much stronger she is by 4CC and Worlds. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:55 pm

jkblues wrote:

Yes, no matter what anyone says, this is a big improvement. Consider this, this is the season after the Olympics, where she's probably burned out. This is the season where she changed her coach and her jump techniques. And yet, Mao chose to pursue the harder route by competing at GP and other events. When she fails to meet people's expectations as well as her own, unlike other people, she does not makes excuses. You've gotta admire her guts and determination, as well as her professional work ethic. Watching Mao makes me feel like I'm reading an emotional manga, where the girl has a mountain of challenges before she can succeed at the top. I just hope that Mao would see this as a blessing and realize that she has to fall and get hurt a lot of times before she can finally achieve her desired results.

BTW, when would the videos of the gala be uploaded? Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Arrow clovera, thank you very much for all your PBP!!! Worship

Arrow If anyone sees a video of Mao and Kanako backstage, please let me know!! I really want to see that!!! Many Hearts

Arrow Congratulations to Miki for winning with two perfectly clean skates! Confetti And congrats to Kanako for making the World team: Confetti

Arrow I have to run off again, so I'm just going to write some quick comments and then write more later! Wink

I have to admit, my first reaction when I saw the results was disappointment--I guessed Mao must have messed up. Sad So I was really surprised when I watched her performance and the only mistake that I could see was the doubled 3S. So then I was like confused

Miki, of course, skated completely cleanly and had a more difficult program, so it's not a surprise that she won. Yep!

HOWEVER, I think this is the FIRST competition that Mao Asada has lost when she has "done everything that she can do." Ok, she was a little unstable on the 3A in the SP, and she doubled the 3S in the LP. Even if she had done those correctly, she probably would not have beat Miki. I think this is the first time that this has ever happened to her.

Every other time Mao has not come in 1st at a competition, she has made at least one major mistake.

So I'm not surprised that Mao looked a little disappointed in the K&C. And I myself was pretty disappointed. No

But after thinking about things for awhile, I realized that this is perhaps the best possible result.

On one hand, Mao has her confidence back. She proved to herself ONCE AGAIN that when the chips are down, when she has only one chance left, MAO ASADA WILL DELIVER! Thumbs up!

On the other hand, you KNOW Mao is pissed. Very Happy We know she hates to lose. So she is going to be super crazy motivated to do well at Worlds. Yep! Yep! If she wants to beat Miki, if she wants to pay her back for 2007 Worlds and prove that SHE is the top Japanese skater, she's going to have to up her game and bring it at Worlds!

So Mao's got her mojo back AND she wants to kick butt! WATCH OUT WORLD!!! affraid

View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

Arrow If anyone sees a video of Mao and Kanako backstage, please let me know!! I really want to see that!!! Many Hearts

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZv7DWmKTOE !! (found it via MaoAsadaNews on twitter)

BTW, sorry for not writing here for a long time, but MAO WAS BREATHTAKING!!! beautiful, elegant, strong, etc!!! CONGRATS GIRL YOU DESERVE IT cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:20 pm

bibi wrote:
Batsuchan wrote:

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZv7DWmKTOE !! (found it via MaoAsadaNews on twitter)

BTW, sorry for not writing here for a long time, but MAO WAS BREATHTAKING!!! beautiful, elegant, strong, etc!!! CONGRATS GIRL YOU DESERVE IT cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

ahh that's such a cute moment, anyone knows what they were saying? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Morozombie updated his blog with a funny Mao post. santa
http://morozombie.blogspot.com/2010/12/miracle-of-mao.html#more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:02 pm

A little bit sad when Miki took 1st place at the end but no complain,
she deserved that because of constant performance since the beginning
of the season.

Congrats to Mao but I doubted that why Mao can do 3F-2L two times.
Can someone explain the rule. I think she should go for 3F-2L-2L.
If Mao can do 2A-3T, 3S so she can get higher score than Miki, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:11 pm

sweetdream wrote:
ahh that's such a cute moment, anyone knows what they were saying? Very Happy

My translations are not that great but here you go!

Mao: In the SP, I was able to jump it cleanly.

Mao and Kanako at the same time...(Looking at the monitor).

Mao: Oh!

Kanako: Ah! It's me! I am so nervous! Don't I look extremely nervous?!

Mao: Doesn't it feel like it is not you. I always feel that way when I watch myself. It feels like I am not really watching myself. Like it is not me.

Kanako: I have a lot of hair on my back!

Mao: Kora! (It is something you say when you are scolding someone, it sounds like she is saying it jokingly).

Kanako: No, I meant me. I am talking about myself.

Conversation ends..

Mao is just so sweet. She looks so lovely in her black turtleneck and Eskimo boots!

aoi88 wrote:
Morozombie updated his blog with a funny Mao post. santa
http://morozombie.blogspot.com/2010/12/miracle-of-mao.html#more

Thank you for that!

santa Mao is a miracle indeed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:35 pm

aoi88 wrote:
linglang wrote:

When I was translating it I wondered what Mao meant about "speed."
She said "速さ" in Japanese which is "speed" in English. I thought she wasn't sure if her 3A (rotation) was fast enough until she checks her performance later.
And now I'm confused because as aoi says I thought slower rotation means more ice coverage and thus it is more preferred by judge. Question

I am confused too. Whirly Personally, I prefer her previous 3A with fast rotation but I think the judges prefer jumps that cover more ice. Patrick Chan has trouble in his 3A landings (and a lot of other jumps Who, me? ) but he almost always gets full credit on them. So I think full rotation in the air is valued much more than good landings/no falls under this system. I think what Mao wants is fast rotation and more ice coverage like the 3A she did at 2008 4CC. I felt it was the best 3A she did (fast rotations and good ice coverage). It's no surprise she got huge GOE for that jump.

I'm so thrilled just by imagining she lands jumps with fast rotation and more ice coverage. I think it will lead to a jump that was described as "delays up in the air before she does her turns" and "delays after she does her turns" by Peggy and Dick at Worlds 2008 (although it wasn't 3A.) Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:39 pm

klarification wrote:
jkblues wrote:

Yes, no matter what anyone says, this is a big improvement. Consider this, this is the season after the Olympics, where she's probably burned out. This is the season where she changed her coach and her jump techniques. And yet, Mao chose to pursue the harder route by competing at GP and other events. When she fails to meet people's expectations as well as her own, unlike other people, she does not makes excuses. You've gotta admire her guts and determination, as well as her professional work ethic. Watching Mao makes me feel like I'm reading an emotional manga, where the girl has a mountain of challenges before she can succeed at the top. I just hope that Mao would see this as a blessing and realize that she has to fall and get hurt a lot of times before she can finally achieve her desired results.

BTW, when would the videos of the gala be uploaded? Too sweet!

Beautiful post. Love Hearts Thank you klarification.
I agree everything you wrote. That is why I admire her as an athlete and a person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:48 pm

A tidbit from today's news paper.

Mao eats at sushi bar alone Razz
I guess it's her favorite sushi bar and she knows the chef very well.
But, to be honest, going to suchi bar alone requires a lot of courage for me and I think for most women (maybe in Japan only?). I've never done that before. I love her even more after knowing this. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:53 pm

linglang wrote:
A tidbit from today's news paper.

Mao eats at sushi bar alone Razz
I guess it's her favorite sushi bar and she knows the chef very well.
But, to be honest, going to suchi bar alone requires a lot of courage for me and I think for most women (maybe in Japan only?). I've never done that before. I love her even more after knowing this. Love Hearts

Why is she eating alone? Where's Taka? Hell, no!

Btw, I love that Mao's goal for Sochi is to become a mature and beautiful skater. More than the medals, I will be satisified if Mao delivers beautiful performances at Sochi. Of course, her winning will be icing on the cake. flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:05 pm

BowbowDaijin wrote:

I am a little baffled confused by that too. If I remember correctly Yuzuru got zero points at Cup or Russia for doing a 3Lz+2T twice. But I've seen plenty of times when men do two 3 Axels and still get credit. Even though they repeated an element, they just count the second 3A as a combo and deduce from that.

I think Yuzuru meant to do a three jump combo but couldn't complete it. That was quite weird. Here is the Cup of Russia Protocol:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2010/gprus10_Men_FS_Scores.pdf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:50 pm

europeanfan wrote:
BTW why didn't Mao do 3-2-2? I thought skaters can't do three combinations of two jumps. Is that the reason why she was 2nd? Anyway I'm happy for her, it has to be a big relief Wub
Spacey wrote:
BowbowDaijin wrote:

I am a little baffled confused by that too. If I remember correctly Yuzuru got zero points at Cup or Russia for doing a 3Lz+2T twice. But I've seen plenty of times when men do two 3 Axels and still get credit. Even though they repeated an element, they just count the second 3A as a combo and deduce from that.

I think Yuzuru meant to do a three jump combo but couldn't complete it. That was quite weird. Here is the Cup of Russia Protocol:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2010/gprus10_Men_FS_Scores.pdf
Looks like some of us are still confusing the Zayak rule in regards to triples and combos. Idea
I'll first quote Lady in Black who explained it earlier.

Lady_in_black wrote:
There is no rule that prohibits repeating a combination. She probably wanted to do one 3F-2L-2L and one 3F-2L like last year, but she opted in the last second to omit a 2L. The rules are: nu more then 3 combination, a jump can be repeated only if it's done in combination(but it's allowed to do for example two 3T, both in combination, like Yuna does; you are not allowed to execute, for example two solo 3T). So doing 2 identical combos is allowed. Mao got credit for them

The combo rule simply puts a limit on the number of combinations+sequences a skater can have in their free skate - a total of three, and only *one* of them could be a three jump combo. There are no penalties for a skater having a 3-2 three times in a program. Combo violations are usually due to A) landing four combinations instead of the designated three or B) SEQing a repeated triple jump by not combining it with a combination (so 3A, 3A SEQ) and then landing three *other* combinations/sequences. Example B is usually what happens to Tono as we all know. Sweatdrop

Also beginning this season, a +3S SEQ is now recognized as a +1Lo+3S "combo" and recorded as such on the protocols. I'm sure some of us may have noticed that during JO with Joannie who no longer had her usual 3+2+2 on the layout. Instead it was her +3S sequence that was treated as a three jump combo (3T+1Lo+3S).

Note that that 3F-2Lo is not a 3-3 but a 3-2. Double jumps - with the exception of the 2A beginning this season - can be repeated as many times as a skater wants regardless of what jump it is combined with. The Zayak rule only applies to jumps starting with the 3T (so triples and quads) and it only states that should a jump be repeated, one of them has to be in combination with another jump. This of course means that it is possible for a repeated jump to both be in combination for a free skate layout (e.g., 3Lz-2Lo, 3Lz-2Lo).

The final part of the Zayak rule is that only *two* types of triples and/or quads can be repeated during the free skate. If you look at the protocols for Yuzuru's program in Rostelecom, Spacey, you'll notice that Yuzuru already repeated the 3T and 3A. Thus, the 3Lz will be the third repeated jump and becomes an invalid element. The double toe that was with it also gets pulled together as an invalid element as the ISU simply chooses to discredit the entire jumping pass (which is also why Tono's violations are so costly). Sweatdrop

On a similar note, beginning this season the number of 2As a skater can put in their free skate dropped from 3 to 2 as we have discussed earlier during the off season. Unlike triples and quads though, they don't need to be in combination should a skater decide to have two of them in their layout. It also doesn't count towards the "only two types of triples and/or quads can be repeated" bullet for the Zayak rule since the 2A is of course, a double jump.

...that was rather long-winded. I'm not sure if that really helped or not. Lips sealed

Thanks bibi for the backstage clip of Mao and Kanako! Swoon

Last edited by clovera on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:57 pm

clovera wrote:
...that was rather long-winded. I'm not sure if that really helped or not.
That was super helpful! You rule!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:43 pm

New article on Mao cat
http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2010/12/27/asada-back-on-top-in-japan-at-no-2/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:02 am

Speaking of sushi...Tanith tweeted this several hours ago.

Tanith JLB wrote:
According to my Nintendo fig.s8ing game,the way to build your stamina is to eat as much sushi as possible...so that's Japan's secret weapon!
She's leaking their secret!! Too sweet!

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:02 am

Thank you for clarifying the rules, clovera. : flower:

aoi88 wrote:

New article on Mao cat
http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2010/12/27/asada-back-on-top-in-japan-at-no-2/

Seems like the North American press got it right this time round! I'm very thankful that they tried to cover this event by stating how most of her fans felt about this event. Razz

And here is a news clipping written by Arakawa Shizuka on Mao's performance yesterday. cheers Perhaps someone could help translating the important tidbits for us. cheers Arakawa is very encouraging in this article.

Like a Star @ heaven http://p.twipple.jp/SUYae

ETA: Ooops, one more update:

Like a Star @ heaven http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/text/201012270003-spnavi_1.html

青嶋-san has updated her column, covering Mao's performance at nationals. A very interesting read, since it contains a lot of quotes from Sato-sensei and kumiko-sensei. Thumbs up!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:44 pm

So I just got to watch the LPs. I'm so pleased with how Mao did! She looked a little disappointed after she saw her scores, but I think she's happy overall - how could she not be? This was such a huge personal victory!

Miki did awesome as well, and I can understand why she won now, after seeing the video. To me, both skaters did almost equally as good. The only mistake I saw Mao make was doubling her 3S. Apparently, the judges saw more mistakes than me, according to the score sheets. Mao got a lot of little deductions here and there - things I couldn't even see. That's why I'm not a judge I guess. lol. I still don't understand how Mao got lower PCs than Miki, but PC really comes down a lot to a viewers personal interpretation, and feelings on the program - that's the bad thing about PCs.... Anyway, both girls really did awesome. I'm so happy Mao is not only going to worlds, but they're sending her to 4C too! Yay! Now we get to see her skate TWO more times this year!

This may be a little off topic, but remember that rumor that Miki and Morozoff were dating a couple years ago, and they denied it? Well, did the way he hugged her after she got her scores make anyone question that again scratch Question When I saw it, the thought immediately popped into my mind that that looked like a little more than just a hug, and there is more than just a platonic relationship going on there.... Maybe I am reading too much into it, but that was what their body language (at least his anyway) said to me.

Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Star85 wrote:

This may be a little off topic, but remember that rumor that Miki and Morozoff were dating a couple years ago, and they denied it? Well, did the way he hugged her after she got her scores make anyone question that again scratch Question When I saw it, the thought immediately popped into my mind that that looked like a little more than just a hug, and there is more than just a platonic relationship going on there.... Maybe I am reading too much into it, but that was what their body language (at least his anyway) said to me.
Yes, Miki and Morozov are a couple. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:52 pm

polosatik wrote:
Star85 wrote:

Really?! I thought they denied it! Well shame on me for not being more up with my current figure skating facts and gossip Embarassed .... Actually maybe I remember hearing that now..... scratch . Not really though! Unconscious

Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Mao's long program was GORGEOUS!! I cannot believe she didn't win with that but.... Question
Anyway, I thought the GOE was a little strange, as were the PCS scores in relation to Miki. It was obvious the judges wanted Miki to win...I mean no offense but her spins should NEVER be getting +2s (well maybe the combo spin but NOT the other two!)

Well back to Mao, even though the lutz got an edge call, it was gorgeous, and still worth more than a triple flip so it's worth it. For 4CC Mao should seriously consider keeping the same layout, except upgrading the double axel-double toe to a double axel-triple toe. For worlds I would like to see her do this AND make the first Flip-loop combo a triple-triple. I think this would be easier than doing two triple axels, and the potential dowgrades are fairy similar. Plus, she wouldn't have to concentrate SO hard on that second triple axel and could focus on the other elements in her program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:15 pm

polosatik wrote:
Star85 wrote:

I think that's what everyone think but I don't remember reading a real confirmation of this in an article or something else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:26 pm

bibi wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Star85 wrote:

I think that's what everyone think but I don't remember reading a real confirmation of this in an article or something else.
I don't think you will read it in the article or somewhere. But this is a fact among the people who know Morozov.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY   

Back to top Go down

Japanese Nationals 2010 - PBP/Spoilers ONLY
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next