HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:54 am

WOW, her 3A has changed a lot! Like aoi88 said, her 3As now have more ice coverage but less height than before. It looks really nice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:25 am

snowdrops24 wrote:
Yes! Mao's 3A now seems less 'forced', more natural now.

Like a Star @ heaven http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20110217-OHT1T00223.htm

To everyone who posted that they hope that Mao will go for 2-3combo, you've got your wish!! The new FS jump layout will include a 2-3 after the half-way point, to garner more points. cheers Changes are also made in the transitions and step sequence.

The article didn't specify what the jumps were but I'm guessing 2A-3T. Cool

Actually it did, it said 2,5-3 combo so it must be 2A-3T.
Seems like a good idea to me. Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hazelq

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:55 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
ddmm wrote:
Moustache ? Good point and well noticed Laughing
Well, to be frank, I don't like men with moustache. But for Dai, I can forgive him Wub and I have to say that it's more his hairstyle that bothers me...what is that mess ? Too sweet!

But I thought you liked his hair this way? Isn't it similar to his hairstyle in your avatar?

Still...his hair accompanied by his mustashe, made someone twitter this:

From http://twitpic.com/40fgkz

It's a parody of a Japanese 1000yen bill and the real thing is this:

The man in the real bill is Hideyo Noguchi who is one of the most respected figures (bacteriologist) in Japanese medical history who discovered the agent of syphilis as the cause of progressive paralytic disease in 1911.

Is there a resemblance here? If so, maybe the mustache and hair would make his mambo look academically intelligent, and that 'Ooooh!' part where he poses, may be interpreted as Noguchi's joy in succeeding in discovering the syphilis agent. Laugh

Btw, Takahiko's quads were reported not to be in good shape either according to official practice... pale I have to admit that with Dai and Takahiko who've been jumping quads for years not being able to stabilize them, Pattie is a genius in mastering and stabilizing his quads in such a short period. I do hope though that Dai would win Worlds, if not 4CC...but it'll be tough to beat Pattie with no quad in his SP and only a shaky one in FP. I prefer Dai's quads to Pattie's, because I think Dai has a bit more height and there's a kind of flexibility in it. But unless he can succeed a perfect quad, the judges are probabaly going to hand out more GOEs to Pattie's quads. And we all know how the judges have been pouring out PCS for Pattie this season. I still think Dai's presentation abilities, appeals and pros are much better than Pattie's. Pattie has become a good skater which even I can obviously see at this point, but his performances however good they are in techs, do not have the level of excitement which Dai has. He's moved me so many times with his performances up till now, I really wish he can make the middle of the podium at Worlds. Mushy Love

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO Laugh
This is good! His hair does resemble the guy in the 1000yen bill, I remember reading a tweet from Miki or Shizuka about this Laugh

I just read a tweet from LynnRutherford that Dai said he is happy he is landing his quad toes in practices. We shall see, I don't care much about him winning gold here because I want him to win Worlds Wub

I haven't had the chance to see Mao's video practice, but I look forward to see the changes she made on her programs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Hold on.... so is she doing a 3-2 or a 3-3? Someone said 3-3, then someone said that it's actually a 3-2 from the practice clips, but people are still mentioning a 3-3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Hold on.... so is she doing a 3-2 or a 3-3? Someone said 3-3, then someone said that it's actually a 3-2 from the practice clips, but people are still mentioning a 3-3.

In the practice clips we can see Mao doing 3A and 3F-2L. But the articles mention that Mao was practicing a 3-3 after her SP run-through (the articles don't say whether it was 3L-3L or 3F-3L and whether or not Mao is going to actually attempt it in her SP).
Mao also plans to do 2A-3T in the second half of her LP. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fefe_sky

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:02 pm

[i] Hi guys! I'm new here, could someone tell me what happened to Kanako? Wasn't she going to compete at 4cc?

BTW, Mao's jumps are looking good! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:11 pm

fefe_sky wrote:
[i] Hi guys! I'm new here, could someone tell me what happened to Kanako? Wasn't she going to compete at 4cc?

No, I don't think so. scratch I believe Akiko Suzuki was chosen to go to 4CC from the start.

Also welcome to the forum, fefe_sky!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:35 pm

fefe_sky wrote:

no she was assignet to the asien winter games where she won, akiko took her place!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Okami wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

In the practice clips we can see Mao doing 3A and 3F-2L. But the articles mention that Mao was practicing a 3-3 after her SP run-through (the articles don't say whether it was 3L-3L or 3F-3L and whether or not Mao is going to actually attempt it in her SP).
Mao also plans to do 2A-3T in the second half of her LP. Smile

Oh! Do you know if she is going to try a 3-3 in the long program? That'll be a big thing if she does!

Welcome fefe_sky!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fefe_sky

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Hum... I see... I really tought I could see Mao, Mirai and Kanako at the same competition.. =(

But that's OK! GO Mao-chan!

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi fefe_sky! Nice avatar- Sailor Moon takes me back. Razz
Yeah I do want to see Kanako and Mirai competing in the same competition. They both have a bubbly cute vibe. But Kanako is scheduled to compete at the World Championships. Yep! But glad you joined us!!

Oh and Mao was practicing a 3F-3L. She landed them successfully at the practice rink. But coach Sato is carefully keeping an eye on them- he said the second jump is still not fully rotated. They are planning to put a 3-3 combo this season so that gives us a 50% chance that we'll see 'em in this comp. She did have them in the run-through (not specified if it was the SP or the LP), but I think it should probably be in the long. Don't hold me to it though. Question

She also landed 4 triple axels at the competition rink. Go Mao!!! Cheering

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20110218-OHT1T00008.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:47 pm

maowataiyo wrote:
Yeah I do want to see Kanako and Mirai competing in the same competition. They both have a bubbly cute vibe. But Kanako is scheduled to compete at the World Championships. Yep! But glad you joined us!!

Oh and Mao was practicing a 3F-3L. She landed them successfully at the practice rink. But coach Sato is carefully keeping an eye on them- he said the second jump is still not fully rotated. They are planning to put a 3-3 combo this season so that gives us a 50% chance that we'll see 'em in this comp. She did have them in the run-through (not specified if it was the SP or the LP), but I think it should probably be in the long. Don't hold me to it though. Question

Oh gosh i cant wait to see her skate....i think she will go for the triple triple...if she is gonna do it at worlds it is best to give it a go now and it would increase her confidence....from what i saw of the practice clips i think her sp is gonna be a 3 axel, 3 loop and then a 3 flip 2 loop...the 3-3 will probably be in the long....that will help her alot against miki who has 5 jumping passes after the half way mark.....So im guessing her long program layout will be this

3A
3F-3L
3LZ
2A-3T
3F-2L-2L
3S
3L

I am also interested to see the changes lori made to the LP......

alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:04 pm

KariDebate wrote:
maowataiyo wrote:

Oh gosh i cant wait to see her skate....i think she will go for the triple triple...if she is gonna do it at worlds it is best to give it a go now and it would increase her confidence....from what i saw of the practice clips i think her sp is gonna be a 3 axel, 3 loop and then a 3 flip 2 loop...the 3-3 will probably be in the long....that will help her alot against miki who has 5 jumping passes after the half way mark.....So im guessing her long program layout will be this

3A
3F-3L
3LZ
2A-3T
3F-2L-2L
3S
3L

I am also interested to see the changes lori made to the LP......

This layout is exactly what I dream of. She could keep it forever IMO. It's challenging, and if she nails it, judges will love it.

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:09 pm

just thinking about all the changes mao makes me so excitet, and i really love the layout not only would it have all the tripples including a 3A and a 3-3... I find it soo incredible thinking about mao executing this sort of layout after the start of the season with all the big changes.. we all know that maos spins and spirals are top notch and with this incredible layout done clean in competition I can't imagine her not winning. but I have to say this is what I call a demanding layout ever beside her 2008 layout... it really shows that mao isn't going to hold anything back..

waaaah I want too see mao skate, has anyone found a livestream that is going to show 4cc yet, I would really die if I missed the competition live!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:26 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
just thinking about all the changes mao makes me so excitet, and i really love the layout not only would it have all the tripples including a 3A and a 3-3... I find it soo incredible thinking about mao executing this sort of layout after the start of the season with all the big changes.. we all know that maos spins and spirals are top notch and with this incredible layout done clean in competition I can't imagine her not winning. but I have to say this is what I call a demanding layout ever beside her 2008 layout... it really shows that mao isn't going to hold anything back..

waaaah I want too see mao skate, has anyone found a livestream that is going to show 4cc yet, I would really die if I missed the competition live!!!

Totally agree....if Mao can skate this program clean she will no doubt win and set a new personal best ....im just hoping that she skates two clean programs....if she skates clean in the sp she will have the edge because of the triple axel and the difficulty of everything else....it will be nice to see her win this competition by winning the short and the long program...that hasnt happened in a while...i just cant wait for the competition to start....

Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Thank you to blogger State of the Skate (http://stateoftheskate.blogspot.com/) for posting this link, which gives locations as to where you may be able to find live streaming.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77594

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks for all the updates everyone! I love you
Here's an alternative 4CC stream guide by the lovely folks over at ONTD.

I would personally recommend those with P2P programs (e.g., SopCast) or access to the geoblocked streams (either through proxies or a VPN) to stick with those as it looks like direct streams such as pptv is going to be seriously congested with all the access from FSU/GS/2ch. Ditto with the justin.tv option that is being organized by an FSU member. Sweatdrop

View user profile
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:25 pm

I am getting so nervous! I can't wait to see Mao's progress. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Well, I spoke too soon; the pptv stream is a lot more stable than I thought. Laughing

...Sherlock is this season's Carmen for the men. cyclops

View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Thanks everyone for updates!!

I like Mao's new 3A. Go Go Mao-chan Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts

I just hope that she's changed her SP costume -- back to the previous one or a minor adjustment around the breast Sweatdrop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-fjqRuzX_o

Skating order for Japanese men: Dai 16th, Taka 17th and Yuzuru 18th all in the last group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:47 pm

linglang wrote:

I like Mao's new 3A. Go Go Mao-chan Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts

I just hope that she's changed her SP costume -- back to the previous one or a minor adjustment around the breast Sweatdrop

Skating order for Japanese men: Dai 16th, Taka 17th and Yuzuru 18th all in the last group.

Oh no! She almost slipped out of her 3A, and the second triple on the triple-triple combination.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:59 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
linglang wrote:

Oh no! She almost slipped out of her 3A, and the second triple on the triple-triple combination.

The news clip is from Fuji TV, which is famous for focusing on negative side of some certain athletes Rolling Eyes At the beginning, they say Mao landed her 3As successfully from the first one during official practice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:06 am

Men SP Results:
1 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 83.49 42.35 41.14 8.14 7.93 8.39 8.18 8.50 0.00 #17
2 Jeremy ABBOTT USA 76.73 37.87 38.86 7.64 7.50 7.79 7.89 8.04 0.00 #13
3 Yuzuru HANYU JPN 76.43 40.76 35.67 7.21 6.82 7.18 7.25 7.21 0.00 #18
4 Adam RIPPON USA 72.71 38.13 35.58 7.04 6.82 7.18 7.25 7.29 1.00 #14
5 Armin MAHBANOOZADEH USA 66.40 34.98 31.42 6.29 5.96 6.46 6.32 6.39 0.00 #10
6 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 66.25 30.49 35.76 7.43 7.07 6.93 7.29 7.04 0.00 #16
7 Shawn SAWYER CAN 65.71 31.58 34.13 6.75 6.57 6.96 6.89 6.96 0.00 #11
8 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 65.47 34.14 33.33 6.75 6.43 6.54 6.75 6.86 2.00 #15
9 Jinlin GUAN CHN 64.68 34.75 29.93 6.07 5.75 6.07 6.00 6.04 0.00 #9
10 Jialiang WU CHN 63.30 34.51 28.79 5.89 5.64 5.93 5.79 5.54 0.00 #12
11 Abzal RAKIMGALIEV KAZ 60.95 31.41 29.54 5.86 5.54 5.96 6.07 6.11 0.00 #20
12 Nan SONG CHN 60.47 29.61 30.86 6.39 5.96 6.11 6.36 6.04 0.00 #19

Dai was the clear winner of the SP today with a tentative Jeremy in second. His jumps were clean and you can tell he really worked on maximizing the spin levels today. That said, I'm rather bummed that Dai had to include a man-donut; we really need a rule change regarding spins stat. Sweatdrop

All three of Kozu's jumping passes were wobbly with no combo. No
Yuzuru's virtually tied with Adam and a not-so-perfect Kozu in PCS. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep this momentum going.

View user profile
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 am

clovera wrote:
Men SP Results:
1 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 83.49 42.35 41.14 8.14 7.93 8.39 8.18 8.50 0.00 #17
2 Jeremy ABBOTT USA 76.73 37.87 38.86 7.64 7.50 7.79 7.89 8.04 0.00 #13
3 Yuzuru HANYU JPN 76.43 40.76 35.67 7.21 6.82 7.18 7.25 7.21 0.00 #18
4 Adam RIPPON USA 72.71 38.13 35.58 7.04 6.82 7.18 7.25 7.29 1.00 #14
5 Armin MAHBANOOZADEH USA 66.40 34.98 31.42 6.29 5.96 6.46 6.32 6.39 0.00 #10
6 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 66.25 30.49 35.76 7.43 7.07 6.93 7.29 7.04 0.00 #16
7 Shawn SAWYER CAN 65.71 31.58 34.13 6.75 6.57 6.96 6.89 6.96 0.00 #11
8 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN 65.47 34.14 33.33 6.75 6.43 6.54 6.75 6.86 2.00 #15
9 Jinlin GUAN CHN 64.68 34.75 29.93 6.07 5.75 6.07 6.00 6.04 0.00 #9
10 Jialiang WU CHN 63.30 34.51 28.79 5.89 5.64 5.93 5.79 5.54 0.00 #12
11 Abzal RAKIMGALIEV KAZ 60.95 31.41 29.54 5.86 5.54 5.96 6.07 6.11 0.00 #20
12 Nan SONG CHN 60.47 29.61 30.86 6.39 5.96 6.11 6.36 6.04 0.00 #19

Dai was the clear winner of the SP today with a tentative Jeremy in second. His jumps were clean and you can tell he really worked on maximizing the spin levels today. That said, I'm rather bummed that Dai had to include a man-donut; we really need a rule change regarding spins stat. Sweatdrop

All three of Kozu's jumping passes were wobbly with no combo. No
Yuzuru's virtually tied with Adam and a not-so-perfect Kozu in PCS. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep this momentum going.

I am soo happy that Dai was able to go out and skate well especially after having jumping issues in practice...sad about Takahiko ..however he can make it up in the long..he has outscored everyone above him in the long this grand prix season sohe can probably rally for silver....

that said I cant wait to see Mao, gosh why cant the men and ladies sp happen on the same day...they just wanna keep us in suspense Bad idea!

snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:20 am

Confetti for Dai!!! And Yuzuru! He even outscored Adam in the TES. Razz

Taka-chan! Snow I think he has his hands down for the 3A as well. Taka, fight!!! Cheering Cheering

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   

Back to top Go down

Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next