HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:48 am

Is the face mask because she is sick or to stay away from getting sick? I hope the latter!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ireni

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:16 am

http://www.jiji.com/jc/p?id=20110216213850-0463292&n=1

Last edited by ireni on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.diary.ru/~irenis/
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19 am

bibi wrote:

what's written on her hand ? Razz hahaha

Mattress!
So that she doesn't forget it. Laugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:54 am

kawaiimao wrote:
bibi wrote:

Mattress!
haha she brings her own mattress??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:22 am

seems like it anyway.. I would really love to see some practice clips beeing uploaded soon. and anyone who finds a live stream on the net please post it since I would love to see the competition live if possible...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 am

Aaww lucky Mao... see that "J" shaped charm on her zipper? That thing is 18k white gold and diamond incrusted and sold for 1600$ (I think that was Canadian dollars too...) on Juicy Couture website! It was an exclusive offer before Christmas. It ridiculously expensive and useless but I'm still very jealous right now, especially since she probably got it as a gift!

See this:

http://www.couturejuicys.com/juicy-couture-j-pull-diamond-charm/ Monies Monies Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:45 am

Dai grew a mustache... Depressed Crying

He kind of reminds me of Candeloro in Nagano Olys...But I hope he shaves it off!
Photos all from official practice. He has not succeeded a quad yet, neither toeloop or flip.
But he said it's how he is usually in practice, and all the other elements seem fine.

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:06 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

WOW! affraid Escape

I can't even imagine him performing Mambo with those facial hair... Fried Dai, what have you done to your face? Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:28 am

Noooo Dai!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bawling Bawling Bawling Again this stupid moustache!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:33 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Drama! He kind of looks like a Japanese warrior. ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:42 am

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Drama! He kind of looks like a Japanese warrior. ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

I am soooooo excitet to see mao!!! Panic! can't it just beginn sigh...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:26 pm

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2011/02/16/kiji/K20110216000259900.html
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20110216-737840.html
http://photos.nikkansports.com/sports/figure/photo/20110216_102106.html

News clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oDiGNFaJ_Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUTZqD4mqLU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:38 pm

thanks for the youtube links kira kira hope someone will translate what they said about mao in the articles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Supposedly the preliminaries will be this afternoon. May someone update us on it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Blergh... mustache... Give it up Dai-chan. Most people just don't have the face for it... Depressed Crying I'm probably still stuck in the 1980's on that one but to me, mustache = cop or perverted uncle. Not good lol. Maybe if we tell him it distracts from his hair, he will shave? Fried

Here's to hoping he shaves that before the SP! Confetti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Supposedly the preliminaries will be this afternoon. May someone update us on it?

If I'm not mistaken, there will be no preliminary rounds. Smile

chiyori wrote:

ROTFLMAO Gosh, I hope so, too! Yep!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hazelq

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:04 pm

thank you for the updates!! I'm really excited for this competition and see Mao's improvement of the jumps Smile I really like her FS program.
I have to agree with everyone, I don't like the mustache Frustrated I really hope he shaves before the SP like he did at Nationals where he also had that mustache Disappointed

chiyori wrote:
I'm probably still stuck in the 1980's on that one but to me, mustache = cop or perverted uncle. Not good lol. Maybe if we tell him it distracts from his hair, he will shave? Fried

lol this is funny but I completely agree, you're not stuck in the 80's Laughing
Dai's forum is kinda lonely now Sad so I'm glad I can come here and see some updates cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:28 pm

OMG guys, Alex Shibutani has been blogging for Ice Network about his journey to 4CC. He's written two blog entries and they're both hilarious.

Here's the first one:
Quote :

This week, we'll be chronicling our experiences in Taipei at the Four Continents Championships -- blog style. It is our first trip to Taiwan, as well as our first time competing at Four Continents.

In some ways, for Maia and I, our journey to Four Continents began five years ago. When we lived and trained in Colorado Springs, Maia and I were able to watch Four Continents live in 2006 and 2007. In between helping out backstage in the media room and on the ice with the medal ceremonies, we began dreaming about someday being able to compete in the competition. Although we didn't know it yet, we were watching some of our future training mates and friends -- Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto, Meryl Davis and Charlie White, and Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. It was incredibly inspiring.

Fast forward five years, and we are thrilled to find ourselves traveling alongside Meryl and Charlie and Tessa and Scott to our first Four Continents and are looking forward to what should be an exciting and memorable experience.

Before I sweep you away into the glamorous world that is airline travel, I'd like to take a moment to thank all of the people who have supported us so far this season and for all of the kind messages and letters we have received since nationals in Greensboro. The support means a lot to us, and we are honored and thrilled to be representing the United States in Taipei, as well as in Tokyo at the World Championships in March.

Sunday, Feb. 13 - Monday, Feb. 14:
Maia and Alex get on a plane, sleep, eat, scope celebrities, get on another plane, sleep and eat some more, get on another plane, and COLLAPSE.

Our flight itinerary: Detroit -> Los Angeles -> Tokyo -> Taipei. That makes for over twenty hours in the air and is now the longest and farthest we have ever traveled.

One of the nice things about flying on a Sunday morning is that you don't encounter the insane lines at check-in and security, so we were able to make our way to the gate without much fuss.

As we approached our gate, I caught a glimpse of a man who looked familiar somehow. A quick search on my blackberry informed me that it was in fact, Patton Oswalt. If you are not immediately familiar with him, it's okay...I wasn't either. He is a stand-up comedian and actor who notably voiced the role of the main character "Remy" in the 2007 Pixar film Ratatouille.

Getting on a plane is always an interesting proposition for us -- particularly when we are carrying our skates and costumes on board. With larger carry-on luggage than the average passenger, we often find ourselves battling for overhead space. The approach that I have found generates the best results involves me emulating NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal. I begin by "boxing out" any defenders and once I have cleared space I wildly swing my elbows as I lift our bags into the overhead compartment. This time, my aggressive, calculated approach worked flawlessly, and we subsequently settled into our seats without incident.

Once seated, Maia pointed out a twenty-something-year-old guy wearing a Yankees hat, sitting a couple rows in front of us. She said that it was none other than Rob Kardashian. I am generally "pop-culturally" unaware, so I didn't know enough to disagree with her claim. His moment of peaceful anonymity was short-lived however when a twenty-something girl (Star magazine in hand) sat down in the aisle across from him and began shamelessly chatting him up. His cover blown, the girl essentially forced him into a game of twenty questions.

The cabin was relatively quiet so Maia and I were able to hear most of the dialogue: "What do you like to do?" "What were you doing in Michigan?" "Do you watch yourself on television?" and "How much time on average can you spend with your sisters and mother without committing yourself to a mental institution?" Okay, okay, I made that last one up.

The almost 12-hour flight from Los Angeles to Tokyo was pleasantly uneventful. We were both able to sleep for a while and then turned to the in-flight entertainment. I ended up watching The Town, a heist drama directed by Ben Affleck. Inception was also available, but I figured that choosing that film while traveling across the international time zone on a plane would be too heavily laden with irony. My now pervasive fear of being sedated and having ideas planted in my brain also factored into the decision.

The final segment of our journey -- a four-hour flight from Tokyo to Taipei -- was pretty brutal. Having drained the batteries of our laptops and iPods, we were left to peruse the Sky Mall magazine, which capitalizes on passengers at their wits' end, preying on the weak and enticing them to buy things that they don't need. I can't wait till my coach Marina [Zoueva] sees the new "Easter Island Monolith Statue" that we selected for her...I know she absolutely needs this for her front yard. Also, Igor [Shpilband] will really take a shine to the new "16th-Century Italian Armored Statue with Halberd" that will be arriving at his home in just five to seven business days. It's gonna' look awesome next to the 15-foot, water repellent T-Rex replica we got him on our flight back from Nagoya earlier this year.

We finished our epic journey across the planet late Monday evening. Tired, but happy to have reached our destinations, we checked into our rooms, and ate a quick dinner. Registration went very smoothly thanks to the assistance of our team leader, Jenny Mast. She was waiting for us when we got into the hotel with heart-shaped boxes of chocolate (Happy Valentine's Day) and her trademark "Jenny smile." Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean it had been Yuka Sato's birthday. There was a cake to celebrate the occasion before we all trudged off to our rooms.

Maia is rooming with Rachael Flatt, and I am rooming with Adam Rippon. They won't be arriving until later in the week so we have the "luxury" of picking our beds and commandeering each of our room's sole electrical outlet. Maia thoughtfully messaged Rachael and recommended that she bring an electrical strip. As far as my room is concerned, the outlet is mine, Rippon...don't even think about it.

As many of you may already know, Caydee Denney and Jeremy Barrett were forced to withdraw this week after Jeremy received forty-two stitches in his leg in a training related accident. We traveled with Caydee and Jeremy twice this year (NHK Trophy, Skate America), and we are so disappointed for them that they cannot be here. They will both be missed, and we are all wishing Jeremy the speediest of recoveries.

It's been a long day, but there was one final thing that I wanted to mention about our travels before I wrapped up today's bloggghjjhjhjhhj *face hits keyboard as I pass out*

Until next time!
Alex Shibutani

Laughing

His second entry is here: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110215&content_id=16637814&vkey=ice_news
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Dai's jumps are not good. I am worried. What happened to him , anyone know about it ? is it the injury from that collision with Taka that's still affecting ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:13 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, there will be no preliminary rounds. Smile

chiyori wrote:

ROTFLMAO Gosh, I hope so, too! Yep!

It said so here. Wait. I'm confused now.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/sport/archives/2011/02/17/2003496091
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:23 pm

hazelq wrote:
thank you for the updates!! I'm really excited for this competition and see Mao's improvement of the jumps Smile I really like her FS program.
I have to agree with everyone, I don't like the mustache Frustrated I really hope he shaves before the SP like he did at Nationals where he also had that mustache Disappointed

chiyori wrote:
I'm probably still stuck in the 1980's on that one but to me, mustache = cop or perverted uncle. Not good lol. Maybe if we tell him it distracts from his hair, he will shave? Fried

lol this is funny but I completely agree, you're not stuck in the 80's Laughing
Dai's forum is kinda lonely now Sad so I'm glad I can come here and see some updates cheers

Welcome to the forum hazelq! Hope you visit often!

Thanks for the updates everyone. I'm glad Mao isn't disturbed too much, and am glad that she is developing confidence. It seems like you need a lot of that to succeed in this sport...
Can't wait for her practice vids to be uploaded.

Does anyone know when Mao is skating? I'm a little confused- the competition seems to have started already...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Here is the official schedule.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2011/index.htm

They haven't put up the starting order for the ladies yet, but they have for ice dance, men, and pairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:15 pm

dear mao, 4cc is all yours. we love you. from a beloved fan.

i'm craving for news and practice clips!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:55 pm

bibi wrote:
kawaiimao wrote:
bibi wrote:

Mattress!
haha she brings her own mattress??

This is in reference to what was written on Mao's hand- mattress=yoga mat that she uses for warming-up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYhRYcdk3ww

Mao arrived in Taiwan. She said that her condition had gotten better from nationals. And she would like to do well at 4cc to build towards worlds. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hazelq

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:12 pm

ddmm wrote:
Dai's jumps are not good. I am worried. What happened to him , anyone know about it ? is it the injury from that collision with Taka that's still affecting ?

Yeah I heard that too Neutral I'm getting worried, I know that he didn't land any quad at practice but not sure about the other jumps. I hope that he does his best tomorrow Hell, no!

sapphiresky wrote:
Welcome to the forum hazelq! Hope you visit often!
Thank you Very Happy I will become a regular visitor Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei   

Back to top Go down

Four Continents (4CC) 2011 - Taipei
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next